Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 26: Fingers; Who Needs 'em?

So sad to hear about the loss of our Poppa T. Please give Grandma T a big hug for me and let her know I’m praying for the family. Poppa T. will be missed. (The T’s are our non-related neighbors from across the street in Weston, Wisconsin.  They adopted me as their honorary grandson and I have known them since I was 5).

Dad, now you know the importance of safety glasses and why we wear them.   Please wear them! You don’t need any more cuts on your eyes. You need to see my face when I get home, lol.

Here is what we were up to this week:

Monday:  P-Day! Monday was a good P-Day and we had fun.  We played water balloon capture the flag! So fun! I wish I had pictures, but it’s so hot and dry here, after you get hit with a water balloon you are almost dry immediately!  Emailing home is always my favorite! ‘I live for Mondays’ - as usual!

Tuesday,
Happy 4th of July!

We did service at Beads of Courage and then after lunch, we went out and contacted some referrals, who were not in interested. We focused our efforts on finding for the day, but came up short and couldn't find anybody who wanted to hear the gospel and our dinner appointment cancelled on us. So, we had a BBQ cookout with all the Elders as you saw in the pictures - it was fun!  I burned a tie in honor of my 6 months in the mission field!  After that, we went up to the top of Campbell Avenue and watched fireworks over the whole city of Tucson.  We counted that as our finding activity, because we did talk to people!


Celebrating the 4th ATM style

Thats a cheesy looking bunch...for sure

If only the weather was as cool as we look!! :D


Wednesday:   We went to district meeting, which was about a 1989 talk given by Gordon B. Hinckley titled ‘Beware of Pride.’ It was very good and afterwards we ate lunch back at the apartment – again. Afterwards, we headed out to an appointment that we had with A___.  She is the investigator we have that set a baptismal date set for July 22nd.  After our meeting with A___, we went home and cleaned up a little bit and then went and did some finding until dinner. after dinner we went to the Family History Center and did our family history!

Thursday - what a day!! (that doesn’t mean it was good)  We started out at Beads of Courage and after that we ate lunch at Subway.  After that we did some finding.   Our dinner appointment for Thursday cancelled - again, so we made our dinner at home.  After we ate, I was washing the dishes and I reached into the sink and cut my finger open on a knife!  The cut was super deep and I lost a lot of blood, so Elder Thompson took me to ER & I had to get stitches.  After that we had a really lax night because I was in so much pain.  It was super deep, and it was the most blood I’ve ever lost! I almost passed out, lol.

I spared you the more gorey photo :O  ... You're welcome!


Friday we woke up and got ready for the day and went to zone conference - our first one with President then Sister Browning (own new Mission President.  It was a very fun time and we learned a lot.  Sister Browning pulled me aside and told me she and Pres. Browning had read my whole blog when they were getting ready to come to Tucson and they loved it😁.  After that we all went out to eat lunch at Wendy’s.  Afterwards we did some finding and then we had an lesson appointment with K___, but it fell through because we found out he was in the hospital.  He is okay and we will continue teaching him, but we will have to push his baptism date back probably to the 22nd!  I’m just glad he’s still alive!  After that, we did some weekly planning and had dinner at Wendy’s.  It was awful because we ate lunch at Wendy’s....so much for the weight loss. 

Saturday:  We had a couple lessons lined up for the day, but they all fell through.  Later that night we received transfer calls and found out that Elder Thompson was staying!! So that's good! I'm excited to work with him for another six weeks.  Two of our Zone’s areas are getting pink washed (sets of elders being completely replaced by sister missionaries – due to having so many single female ward members and investigators) So, we'll see what that brings. All those new sister companion sets are training new green bean sister missionaries. The Central Zone (my Zone) went from 18 Elders and 4 Sisters to 12 Elders and 10 Sisters, so it should be interesting to see how the work progresses.

Sunday:  Somehow, we accidently slept through our alarms and woke up late.  So, we had to scramble to get ready for church – which made everything more interesting, lol.  We had stayed up late the night before preparing a lesson on sacrifice we were going to teach in Gospel Principles class. It went very well and everybody said it was awesome! After church, we ate lunch in the apartment - again, and what do you know?  Our dinner cancelled - again. So, we ate on our own - again, but it ended up being a good day.

The ATM has a tradition of burning your 6th month tie!
I turned 6 on July 4th! :)

This week was another slow, hot week. But thankfully we still have the two baptismal dates set for the 22nd.

I want to leave you guys with my testimony of sacrifice.  While preparing the lesson we taugh on Sunday really had me questioning - Why am I on a mission?  I’ve lost too many people who mean a lot to me while I’ve been out on my mission.  So, why am I still out here?

The answer is:  Because it’s what I want to do.  I love the Lord, his prophet, and especially the Plan of Salvation. Knowing I will see those I've lost again makes me not fear death, because it’s not the end, it’s only the start of what is to come. 

Keep reading and praying in faith, because faith without works is dead, and work without faith is pointless.

Anyways I hope you all have an amazing week,

Be safe

Love,


Elder Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...