Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!


First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 on Wednesday afternoon. My Mom actually took this same flight into CWA last month when returning from some business travel. She found out that this flight almost always arrives about a half hour early. So, if you were to get to the airport around 3:15 you will have a little time to spare, if not then sorry for the wait, lol.  I invite everyone to come, it should be a fun time and I look forward to seeing you there!

Now that that is out of the way I would like to talk about my final week as a missionary!

As glorious as one would hope it was, it was filled with just walking around, packing and deep cleaning the apartment. After careful consideration and some math, I was able to squeeze 2 years of memories into my suit cases and carry-on bag.  The hardest part of this week was trying to clean, and pack everything simultaneously. 

There was a night this week when we were out pounding the streets, then all of the sudden with no warning it started pouring.  In the space of 30 minutes the streets were flooded with 2 inches of rain. It was pretty intense.  Needless to say, I was completely soaked - through and through. 

Throughout this past week we also set a mission record for moves.  We had 8 this week, so most of the time we weren't walking and talking, we were helping people move.  That took up a ton of time, not to mention it made the time fly by.

The highlight of this week happened on Sunday, right before my exit interview with the Mission President.  I got to see Ken S again. He was the fellow that I baptized. The second he laid eyes on me he burst out crying, I can't lie I could hardly hold the tears back either. We only got to talk for about 20 minutes. He is getting ready to receive his endowment.  He has progressed so much. We shared stories, and exchanged addresses.  He shared one story that really struck me.  The picture we took of he and I in our baptismal whites right before I baptized him (I had my Mom & Dad send him a framed pictures). He says he looks at it every day.  It sits on top of his tv, he said other than his dog, that the picture is his most prized possession.  Words cannot describe how I felt. My heart is full. After a long hug, and words of encouragement from both sides, we went our separate ways.  I also got to see Ashli, the woman I taught who was baptized during the same baptismal service. The whole day was just awesome!




After all that fun, I had my exit interview with President Browning, we talked about my plan, and some council for the future. He closed by giving me a blessing. It was a beautiful experience I will never forget.

I would like to finish my very last weekly email with my testimony.

When I left for the mission field, on January 4, 2017 I was really kicking myself for not paying more attention in my Dad's Sunday school class. Why? Well I basically got to the MTC and didn’t know anything - let alone how to teach the lessons.  However, through exercising my faith, and continual prayer not only was I able to learn the gospel of Jesus Christ, but I was able to developed a testimony of every aspect of it. 

Through the course of my mission I endured some losses. The loss of loved ones, friends and even my wingman dog. While these losses all hurt, it made manifest to me of the truthfulness of the Plan of Salvation. Tue plan that our father has designed for us so we can return back to Him. I have had the privilege during my hard times to reach out and help others with the same problems. While death is still hard to deal with, knowing where our deceased loved one are takes away the sting. It may not fill that empty gap, but it sure is comforting. 

That brings me to my next point and that is the blessings of a Forever Family.  I cannot wait to live with my family forever. Through the Plan of Salvation and following the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring until the end) that we will be able to live with our families forever. 

Brother and Sisters, I want you to know that I, Elder Connor William Dickinson, I KNOW, without a shadow of doubt that every aspect of the gospel is indeed true, I know that Christ lives, and is our perfect judge. I know that Russel M. Nelson is a prophet of God.

These last two years that I have devoted my life to serving a 2-year mission and they been the best 2 years of my life.  They were definitely not the easiest, but they were definitely the best. I cannot replace the things I have learned. I will never forget those I met during this great adventure. 

I am happy to report that I may have changed the lives of others, but most importantly the change that I have endured, the lessons I have learned have been a key factor in me saying that... I am eternally converted to the Gospel. 

I would like to close by telling you I know that anybody who abides by the teachings of Christ, coupled with the Book of Mormon and Bible will also developed their faith and will be entitled to all the blessings stated above. 

Granted this passage of scripture from the New Testament - when Paul was beheaded (granted, not the best intro, but stay with me), is perfect for the context of my mission....


6:  For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7:  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

This sums up my mission perfectly.

Until we meet again. I love you 

Elder Connor William Dickinson signing off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...