Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Week 97: T-Minus Two Weeks...but Who’s Counting, Right?


Well well, well, it’s that time of the week, I guess. It’s that time of the week that will only come around two more times!

If you haven’t heard yet, I will be getting transferred to an area in the Binghampton Ward, in central Tucson.  You may have heard of it before, because it borders Campbell Ward (one of my old areas).  Also, you might remember it, because that is where Elder Hiener got transferred to.  So, the ward currently has two areas.  So, me and another Elder who entered the mission the same time I did, Elder Inskeep, will be White Washing the area (two new Elders transfer into an area at the same time).  We will be finishing our missions there and will be closing the area and shuttering the apartment. Super weird, right?   Well, we are both really looking forward to it!  It should be a good end to a successful mission!

So that is the big news of the Week.

This week was lackluster, compared to other weeks of my mission, with the exception of Thanksgiving.  Thursday we were able to attend two dinners with two families from the Clifton Ward. Only one problem, they both made some killer food.  At the first dinner with the B___ family, everything was just spot on!  I, as you can imagine, ate waaayyy too much, lol.  After that, we visited some families until our next dinner appointment at 5:00.  My goodness, this time we had dinner with the B___ family (different family – both start with B). Let me tell you, this Thanksgiving dinner had had all the essentials, plus Smoked New York brisket... oh my goodness.  I could hardly move by the end of the night.

We had a lesson with M___, during which, we committed her to living the Word of Wisdom - again.  We emphasized the importance of following Christ by quitting smoking.  It went very well, but sadly, she asked me to baptize her on December 8th - but I’ll be in Tucson.  But hey, at least she will still be getting baptized! 

Other than this, the only thing that really happened this week was some service at the Taco Shop.  We poured epoxy on out on the top of the service counter, which made it look killer!  We also put up some more FRP panels.  I was also able to do some painting some on the outside of the building.

Like said before, this week was pretty lackluster.  I am sorry this is such a short email, but I do have a quick story I heard this week.

Sunday during Elders’ Quorum, we discussed a member’s story that goes as follows:

A Dad was speaking in Sacrament Meeting.  When the meeting was over, the father walked down to where his family was sitting. His daughter ran up to him giving him a hug and said "Daddy, I love you and I like you."  Wondering about her profound statement, he asked what she meant. 

She said "Well Dad, we have to love every one. but we don’t have to like them or the things they do."

This story hit me pretty hard.  I think this 5-year-old has it more figured out than most of us, lol.  That was just a cute story that has really stuck with me this week. 

No matter how someone may have wronged us, they are still one of Heavenly Father’s children.  We don’t have to agree with what they do, but no matter what we should still love them.  After all, the greatest commandment is to love his children, even as we love Him.

I am sure the next two weeks will fly by.  That being said, this is all I have for this email.  I sure do love you guys and can’t wait to hear from you!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

love,

Elder C.W. Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...