Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week 96: Service!


This week ended up being a pretty good week.  We ended up doing a lot more service than we had planned. 

On Tuesday, we had a good mixed-bag kind of day, which included some finding. While we did put in the effort, we didn't find anybody new to teach.  We did have a lesson with M___, basically the only person we are currently teaching.  She has a baptismal date scheduled for December 8th.  We committed her to live the Word of Wisdom.  Currently, it seems like our efforts may have gone in one ear out the other.  However, we are hoping and praying she will heed our council, but it is looking bleak.  Oh well, we are trying our best to get her to commit.   We also had some service at Bro S___’s house and at the Taco Shop.  Our Ward Mission Leader needed to work on his heater (it’s been below freezing at night lately) so we helped him with some pipe fitting and then ran to the Taco Shop and worked on wiring junction boxes.  It was a nice ending to our day.



Wednesday and Saturday's are our usual service days. Wednesday we were able to do a little service at the Taco Shop. We helped hang FRP paneling on the ceiling (see pictures). Ugh, was that a task or what?!  Wednesday evening we had Stake Correlation and District Meetings. Both of which went well.

Thursday we had exchanges.  Elder Lamb came up to Clifton and instead of spending the day finding we did more service at the Taco Shop.  We completed installing the FRP paneling on 75% of the kitchen, which is HUGE. It was a big deal.  We need to finish it up this week so he can pass health code inspections! So that is on-going.

Friday we had a laid back day of weekly planning and My Plan.  Let me tell yah, this week’s My Plan topic was on dating and marriage., which was …daunting. I tell yah, it’s just weird to think that in 3 weeks I'll be back on the market, lol.

Saturday we did more service. Why? Because, I love service.  I promise, I'll have more to talk about next week, but Saturday I spent the entire day siliconing around FRP seams, various outlets and even a hot water heater.

I've adopted a funny saying until I complete my education.  Goes like this, "I'm a Jack of all trades but a master of none."  Well that's only for a while longer right? ;)

Sunday was a banner day, a.k.a. busy as heck. We gave Sacrament Meeting talks on temples.  My talk went very well and man, it is hard to write a 5 minute talk, because there is so much to talk about in such little time.  After that, my home coming talk will be a piece of cake. I should probably get started on it, right? Lol.  After giving talks we had to teach Gospel Principles class and after that we ran home and ate lunch, did personal and companionship study and then headed to Safford for interviews with president!  All of which went well except they started an hour late, oh well.  After that we had to haul home quick for a short dinner appointment with the B___ family.  Then we ran to the night Sacrament Meeting.  (Every week we have a 35 minute Sacrament Meeting for shift workers at the mine.

What a week!

Just remember throughout this coming week:  If you have any struggles or afflictions of any kind always, always remember that God is there for you.  He is our literal Father in Heaven. He is there for you, to strengthen you in time of need. Oh and I'm sure he would love to hear from you. So, send one up.  ;)

I love you guys and can't wait to hear from you tomorrow.


Love,

C.W. Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...