Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week 95: Runnin’ and Gunnin’ (mainly running)


This week was an interesting week, but it started off pretty rough.  From Monday night, after we said goodbye, I was pretty sick. This sickness lasted until Friday afternoon. Thursday night, a bunch of ladies at our Book of Mormon class forced me to go go the clinic.  Turns out I had an uber high blood pressure (166/92).   After some blood work and other tests – it turns out I was super dehydrated.  That didn't really explain the pain in my stomach, but oh well.  We got things figured out and I am feeling much better!




On Wednesday, I tried to work through my health issues, which ended up being a bad idea because it only made it worse.  We went and worked at the taco shop for quite a while. I wired up a couple receptacles and junction boxes - all on my own.  It was cool to test my knowledge and the taco shop is nearing completion.

Friday:  We did our weekly planning, My plan and I-Plan, which is always fun. This next week I’ll be working on the section dealing with dating and temple marriage. That's should be exciting, right?

Saturday we had the Ward Fall Festival and we had quite a lot of people show up. It was fun to laugh, tell stories and share some good fall food!

I am so sorry I don't have much to report on, but that's what happens when your boy spends most of the week sick and almost dies of water loss, lol

That being said, we are cruising right along with one of our baptismal dates while the other went haywire, packed up and left.  Oh well, everything happens for a reason. We still love her and wish what is best for her.

Even with all the time being sick, we went through our Area Book and selected a few former investigators and stopped by to check up on them.  We ended up finding 3 new investigators this week!  I'm not sure how far any of them will progress, but this is a good time to exercise some faith, right?

Since I don't have much to report, I guess I'll close with a short thought.  There is a quote I ran across this week in one of my readings by Bruce R. McConkie. (He is my favorite by the way)

Anyways, he said something along the lines of:  "Everyone who is in the church, on the straight and narrow path, who is striving and struggling but has a desire to do what is right, though he is far from perfect in this life.  If he passes out of this life on the straight and narrow path, he is going to go to an eternal reward in his father's kingdom"

This quote gives me great comfort knowing that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he wants what is best for us. So much so, that in order to live with him we don't need to be perfect. We just need to be worthy.  That's all. So, no matter how irrelevant you may feel, keep up the good work, keep up the good fight and in all things make your Heavenly Father proud.  If you do this, you need not worry. God loves you and He is waiting to bless you. Each a and every day He and His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, wait with their hands extended just waiting for us to grab hold, to bear our burdens and to love us into the eternities. 

I love you guys so much and cannot wait to hear from you!

Love, 

C.W. Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...