Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week 94: A Full Week = A Full Heart




This week, like my subject line says, was a full one.  It was a week full of the Spirit, good times, lots of driving and much more.  Some things didn’t go as planned, but that is just how missionary work goes.  That being said, this week ended up being very productive.  I know this because the time flew by.

So, I guess I will just hit the highlights of the week, but there are a decent amount of them so stay tuned!

The most exciting part of this week was the baptisms of D__, C__ and I__ R__ on Saturday.  I cannot even begin to explain how strong the Spirit that was.  To witness this recently reactivated father use his priesthood to baptize the rest of his family was something very special.  When they entered the water, all of the 30+ people in attendance started to tear up and cry.   The cherry on top of the whole thing was R__ (the dad) is a big, tender hearted guy and the way that he laid each one of his family members into the water was so tender and love filled.  Ugh, I cannot even try explain it without tearing up.  It was such a beautiful thing.  The next day (Sunday) they were confirmed members and that was another beautiful and tender moment!

The second best part of the week would have to be the special trip to the Temple on Wednesday. The spirit was also very present there and the whole time I defiantly felt God’s love for all of us. 

The following day we were able to attend a Zone Conference, maybe my last one.   We learned about the importance of teaching and serving others.  However, at this point in my mission, attending zone conference is kind of like beating a dead horse, because there is only so much you can learn after being taught the same lessons over and over again.  That being said, I still managed to pull some things out for my benefit.  Also being that it was potentially my last conference, I was looking for how I could use what I was being taught in my post-mission life, since there is no more hiding the fact that that will be happening in the near future.

So, Saturday ended up being the R___ family’s very big day.  Why?  Well, not only was it the day of their baptisms, but it was D__ (the mom) and R___’s (the dad) anniversary.  Also, it was D__’s (the mom) birthday.  A little overwhelming, right?  After the baptism, the party really got started.  We spent the afternoon preparing and spit roasting a pig.  It was a little harder than when we did it with the O___ family in Midvale, but it ended up working out.  I was able to use some of my knowledge gained in Midvale Ward.  However, this time everything was done by hand – the old fashioned way.   Plus, there were so many Filipinos there and they are worse than the people in south Tucson when it comes to feeding us too much.   I ended up eating like 13 egg rolls.  I think they just thought it was funny making me eat so much, lol.  Saturday was a really good day and there were plenty of laughs to go around for all of us!  As for D___, all the hard work was worth it, because she said it was the best birthday ever.  That really made me smile!



For this week’s spiritual thought, I would like to leave you with a simple thought that God truly does love us.  This Sunday we were able to teach the lesson in Gospel Principles Class.  It was about the Creation.   The lesson’s subject matter coupled with some of the answers some class members gave really made me take a step back and think of all the blessings we see every day - but take for granted.  Blessings like clean drinking water, the scenery we see every day, the precious AZ sunsets and air to breathe.  His creation, the Earth, is His canvass and each and every day He manifests his love for us.

I would like to leave a challenge with y’all, that even on the worsts of days, look for the beauty, the hidden blessings and the manifestations of God’s love.  I promise that as you do this you will feel of His abundance and never ceasing love.

I can’t wait to hear from y'all.  I love you, Keep the faith.

Love,

      Elder C.W. Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...