Saturday, November 3, 2018

Week 93: T minus 5 days until the baptisms!!!


I don’t know about you, but this week flew by and that is okay, because it means I was busy and I’m one week closer to being home!

This week had some good things and there was also quite a bit of down time, which we spent walking around talking to random people.  In fact, we walked almost 9 miles on Tuesday! However fulfilling that was, the back and foot pain the next morning were a bear.

So, I guess I will start off with Tuesday.  Tuesday was a good day.  We spent most of our day walking around and talking to people.  We also had a lesson with M__ and B___.   We have been meeting with them since I transferred to the Clifton area.  They both have had rough pasts and have struggled with some things, but I can see how learning the gospel is really making them happy. At the end of the lesson, we felt prompted to extend a baptismal commitment – a goal to work towards.  Together, the four of us determined their tentative date would be the 8th of December. So, that brings us to a total of 5 baptismal dates!  Wahoo!

Another Highlight from the week:  We found out, due to some circumstances, instead of just two of the R___ family being baptized, all three will count as convert baptisms. So, next Saturday is going to be a big day for their family!!!!!

On Wednesday, after our District Meeting and the drive back to Clifton, we ate some chow and headed out to do some service at the Taco Shop!  While there, I learned/ remembered how to frame in a window.  It was a fun time and it looks surprisingly good!  After that, I put in/wired up some more outlets for the exterior of the shop.

I love, love, love this service work and on Saturday we had such a fun day!

Thursday:  We got ourselves into a load of POOP…literally.  We helped a member clean out her horse pens.  What we didn't realize – because it had been over 2 weeks since they were cleaned and last week it had rained for 4 straight days.  So basically we moved three 40x20 pens worth of poop.  I always thought about having horses would be cool, but Thursday sealed the deal.  I no longer want anything to do with horses, lol.  What would have usually took us 45 minutes ended up taking 4 hours - all by shovel.  Ugh, talk about a wrecked back!

Friday was mainly used up with our weekly planning and by working on my My Plan and I-plan programs.  It all went well. After that, we stopped by a few people of interest with no luck, but sometimes that is just how the cookie crumbles.   That being, said My Plan is coming along, but it is so weird to think that I have already completed 1/3rd of it!  This week’s My Plan was just about setting goals for the future.

Saturday was so awesome!  In the morning, we were able to help Bro. S__ (our awesome ward mission leader) set up the sound and audio for the Ward Primary Program we just had on Sunday.  He is the one teaching me all the electrical stuff.   That being said, after that we went to the Taco Shop and built a counter that separates the ‘Order here’ area room from the kitchen.  So, Bro. S___ did all of the measuring and cutting and I assembled all of it (check out the photos). We were a pretty efficient team, I must say.  After the counter was built, we put some thin veneered OSB (oriented strand board) on the outside of it and then we build a counter top for it. Bro. S___ happened to have a bunch of old reclaimed barn wood. So, we made a counter top out of that and sanded it smooth.  We wanted to make something that had lots of‘Wow’ factor that his customers would remember and talk about. We will seal it in a thick, clear epoxy later this week.  I must say I thoroughly enjoyed myself and gained some valuable experience.  Needless to say, I found my niche in the reclaimed /restored furniture business! 

Other than that and finishing the lessons with the R___ family, those were the highlights of my week.

"Just do the very best you can each day. Do the basic things and, before you realize it, your life will be full of spiritual understanding that will confirm to you that your Heavenly Father loves you. When a person knows this, then life will be full of purpose and meaning, making balance easier to maintain. 

This ‘cut and paste’ quote will have to be my spiritual thought for the week.  It says what I want to say, but much better than I could phrase it.  Just remember, that you have a loving Heavenly Father who wants what is best for you.  Take life day-by-day and live in the moment.  Do the best you can do and when the time comes to be judged, Jesus Christ will make up for the rest!

God loves you and so do I.

I cannot wait to hear from you all!

Love, Elder C.W. Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...