Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 62: Grand Champion Greased Pig and Chicken Chaser


Well this last week was pretty darn interesting. 

First off, we are now two hours behind everyone in the Central time zone until November - just letting you know.

We found a new investigator and picked up and old one. We don’t have any baptismal dates yet, but they are definite signs of progress.

Sunday was my last trip to Sells AZ.  It was sad because I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye to everyone, just those who attended church. 

On Saturday the Mt. Fagan Ward hosted a Stake-wide activity and we were invited to do missionary work at the event.  It was a chili cook and a ward rodeo. It was a blast!

So, last Monday we played volley and did some abbreviated zone sports before we went golfing.    For never playing golf before, I didn’t do half bad!

Tuesday:  We worked at the foodbank for most of the morning.  After the foodbank we rushed home, got ready and had our interviews with President Browning.  We mostly talked about the trials of having people scheduled for baptism only to have them back out and other stuff.  He also pointed out that I will defiantly be transferred when transfers roll around next week. After eight months in this area, all I can only say is...hallelujah!  Knowing that I will be transferred gave me time to start saying good bye to some of the wonderful people I have met during this stop of my journey.  In all reality, I won't miss the area that much, but leaving the people I’ve grown to love, now that one is going to hurt!  I’ll miss the people so much!  After the interview, I showed Elder Witzel where some people lived so he will know when I’m gone.  This was followed by a dinner appointment with the O__’s and C__’s - my two favorite families!  They found out my birthday is coming up on the 14th and the C___s’ youngest child’s birthday is the 15th,  so they are taking us all out to Texas Roadhouse on the 15th  to celebrate.  I can’t wait!

Wednesday started off with our usual District Meeting along with some Spanish training.  Following that, we went out with Bro. Collingwood for the entire afternoon.  We visited a referral named J__. He is an 84 year old ex-con, ex-gang banger and now he’s looking for the truth.  So, it looks like our diligence is starting to pay off.  After that, we did a lot of visits until it was dinner time. After that, we did a little cleaning and I started doing a little packing.

Thursday we had another very good session at foodbank.  Then, for one last time went out with Bro. Collingwood until it was time to bounce out to Sells for our Book of Mormon class.  After that we had late night T-bell date with Grandpa Collingwood.

Friday:  We did weekly planning and packing.

Saturday was the day a champion was born.  Saturday afternoon we visited with Sis. C___ for a while before we headed to the Mt. Fagan Stake/Ward Rodeo.  There were probably about 2,000 people there!!!!   They had a bunch of activities for the kids like a petting zoo, bouncy castles and ‘Mutton Bustin’’ (little kids riding sheep like cowboys ride bucking broncos – it’s hilarious!).  

They also had a chili cook off and tug-o -war, a chicken chase and a greased pig. They had both adult and kid categories.  I won both adult contests…in missionary white shirt and tie, lol.  Don’t worry it was one of my older shirts, khakis and service boots.  My goal was to put on a show and man, it was a blast!   As we were leaving people were congratulating me like crazy.  Everyone loved that a missionary won, lol.  It was a blast, that’s for sure!

Sunday was my last day in the Sells Ward.  It was bittersweet, mostly bitter because I will miss the heck out of those people.  They have a wonderful spirit about them!  I gave a talk based on Elder Stanley G. Ellis's talk, "Do we trust him? Hard is good" from October 2017 General Conference.  Please read it. My Recent trials and Elder Ellis’s talk have really helped my testimony grow like crazy! 

That being said, I love y'all, and would love to hear from yah. 

Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Connor William Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...