Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 64: The Most Hectic Week of My Life


Well, well, well, what can I say?  If the subject line doesn’t sum up this week, I don’t know what does. 

Monday:  This week started off with saying goodbye to my 3 favorite families in Midvale: the C__s, the O___s and Bro. Collingwood.  I’m not going to lie, I almost cried saying goodbye to all 3 of them. The C__s invited us Elders and the O__s over on Monday night for my last supper.  We had ribeye’s, T-bones, potatoes, beans and rolls = the all-American meal.  It was a wonderful send off and I will deeply miss those wonderful folks.


Last Supper in Midvale


Saying Goodbye is hard to do..


Tuesday was transfer day.  I hopped on the transfer van early in the morning.  At the transfer pick up spot I said goodbye to Elder Jorgenson, another Elder from Wisconsin who went home this transfer.  When I first arrived at the mission home, I was one of three Elders from Wisconsin.  Now, I am the last one remaining.  I also said goodbye to Elder Perry.  It was sad to say goodbye, but I couldn’t waste any time lamenting because the van was going to leave with or without me.  I got off the transfer van in Benson, AZ and I got picked up and taken to Sierra Vista to join my new companion, Elder West.  We then shopped and started unpacking and such.  Actually, first we had a dinner with the W__ family, then we unpacked and called it a day.  My new apartment is nothing to write home about and neither was the six mile walk to dinner, lol (did I mention this is a walking area?)

Wednesday:  Wow, I have never had a longer day in my life!  We woke up, did studies and went to our District Meeting.  It was fun, we played a scripture chase game - sort of, it’s kind of hard to explain.  After our District Meeting, we had to walk three miles to a lesson.  We met with B__, an investigator who is on track to being baptized.  She knows it’s all true.  Then, we tracted for 4 houses, then had to walk several miles to dinner at Chipotle.  We then got home and I slept so bad that night because my back hurt so bad from all the walking.  No other way to put it than it was a night from hell.

Thursday was interesting. We didn’t have anything planned, so we tracted all day until dinner, which was at six o’clock.  Talk about a long, long day.  I was beat.  We didn’t find any new investigators, but I did find about 8 blisters on my feet, lol. We had dinner at this place that was famous for hot wings.  The members who took us there coaxed us into doing the Homicidal Wing Challenge = 20 wings hotter than the blazing challenge.  I was unable to do it due to drinking so much water.  Twenty wings is a lot in general, plus all that water.  However, Elder West enjoys spicy food, so he smashed the challenge.  We finished up dinner and did some more contacting on the way home and then mercifully to bed.

Homicidal Wing Challenge


We spent Friday walking and walking and we did some planning and then more walking.  We walked 45 miles in 4 days.  I actually stared duct taping the bottom of my socks to avoid getting any more blisters. Needless to say, this area should defiantly be a bike area. I also got wickedly tan due to the sun being about 15 feet away from the earth in Sierra Vista.  Friday was brutal and I was sore and baked.

Saturday was a crazy crazy day. First, we got up bright and early to help with a move.  The move was the equivalent to trying to fit 5 quarts of chocolate pudding into a 1 quart bag.  Hoarders, I tell yah!!!   They had the biggest U-Haul I’ve ever seen, plus 2 trailers and we still weren’t able to fit everything in it.  The ward people were a little upset afterwards, lol.  

After all of that, I got a call and got transferred Saturday afternoon to the Benson, AZ area.  So, we went home and I repacked all of my stuff and moved to Benson.  Think of Benson like being Gresham and Hartley squished together. (two small towns in Wisconsin)   Benson is smaller than Lordsburg, but has more members.  My new, new companion is Elder Ramsden from Chino CA.  He has been in Benson for one transfer and goes home in 4 months.    We live with some pretty sweet members, the G___ family.  We live in their back yard in a fifth wheel.  It’s actually super nice. I have absolutely zero complaints about this area.  I can’t believe I’m saying this, but wouldn’t mind living here, lol.  It’s about 40 miles east of Tucson and 40 miles north of Sierra Vista.  After I got to Benson sometime in the afternoon, we went to the Benson Ward Easter Party! It was a blast!!

Home Sweet Home!! :)


Sunday:  We cover 3 wards in Benson, so needless to say, not counting Ward Counsel Meetings, we attended 7 hours of church.  I was exhausted. We had dinner with the B___ family and played basketball with their kids. It was a blast.

I have a strong feeling that this might be one of my favorite areas. It reminds me so much of Gresham, WI. = Mormonville out in the boonies.  I love it out here!

Hopefully that answered all of the questions you may have, if not I’m sorry because I’m exhausted beyond belief.

Love y’all

Elder Connor William Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...