Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 40: No drums, no electric guitar....no deal?

Well, this week has been one for the record books!  It was crazy, to say the least. It was another one of those weeks where we had a lot of busy work things, which all were time consuming ...catch my drift?  So, that is what I had to deal with this week and it went by fast - now, that I look back at it.

That being said, it was a beautiful week, we just need you guys to send some cooler weather our way. That would me much appreciated!

Monday:  We had a good P-Day, but I was pretty sick. So, I just laid in the same spot all day.  It sucked, but I got to email home all day – so, it wasn’t that bad after all.  That evening, I was still sick, so we came home and I slept, since we don’t have dinner appointments on Mondays anymore. Why? We are just too rushed for time. So, we just decided to eat on our own on Mondays, which is totally fine by me.

Tuesday:  We got to sleep in, because I was too darn sick and just felt like trash, so, I slept until 9:00 a.m. and then Elder Ikimau made me breakfast, which is a nice little thing he did for me.  He is such a good person! After all of this I mustered up enough courage to go to the foodbank. Later, we went to the library for an hour of family history and then went home so I could rest some more.  It was kind of funny; I got such good sleep during my nap, I woke up thinking it was the next morning, lol. In reality, it was 5:09 on a Tuesday evening, lol. We went to dinner with Sis L__ and the C___ family.  It was a blast!  We visited and shared stories while eating tacos! I guess that makes it Taco Tuesday, right?  Lol.

Wednesday was the beginning of the onslaught of some crazy days. First, we had District Meeting. It was fun, we played a scripture chase game with our district.  After that, we drove a good 45 minutes to our church building for a lesson with a new investigator we had never met with her before.  She is a super cool lady.  Her name is K__ S__.  She has really interesting views on how to connect the gospel. science and the bible.  So she believes it all, but with some additional features and details of her own, lol. The half hour trip to the church, a 2 hour lesson, then the half hour return trip took up our whole day. So, after that, we had dinner with the R__s, Sis. R___ made us chicken breaded in Capt’n Crunch. It was awesome! Then Bro. R___ started a fire and us boys just sat around the fire just relaxing and sharing mission and other stories.  It was a good wind down.

A FIRE in 100 degree Arizona, wierd huh? I LOVED it! :D



Thursday was day two of our four crazy days.  We started with two hours of service at the food bank. After that, we drove to the church and taught K___ the restoration. It was another 2 hour lesson…she talks a ton, but I was able to invite her to be baptized and she made a baptismal date for Oct 28th!  After her lesson, we drove to the C__’s for a dinner appointment. We shared the evening with them since they knew Elder Ikimau previously, so they caught up after a year and a half. 

Friday was day 3 of 4 of our crazy days.  Instead of doing our full weekly planning, we did half of our planning to make time for another 2 hour lesson with K___.  That sucked up a lot of time – with all of the driving.  We did manage to go out to Sushi Ten for lunch, but then we ate dinner with Sis. D___ at Chili’s! It was a blast getting to eat out and watch Clemson lose!

Saturday, we finished our planning and then taught K__ another lesson.  Yes, it was another 2 hour lesson and yes, she talked a lot, but how often do you find an investigator who wants to meet every day for 4 straight days?  After this, the people we had a dinner appointment with had a baptism to go to. So, they took us along and we ate with them afterwards… at the person who got baptized house.  We didn’t know any of the people there, but we got to meet new people and make new friends who I will never see again, lol - but it was a blast!

Sunday fun day,

Sunday was cool.  Our investigator K___ came to church for the first time! But, she was genuinely upset at the lack of drums and electric guitar...... so hopefully we don’t lose her over that!  That would be disappointing.  After Sacrament Meeting we headed to the newly returned Bro. Collingwood’s house for an awesome breakfast of apple cinnamon pancakes, and they were darn good!  After that, we drove out to Sells AZ and had church out there and then drove back and went to dinner with the C___’s again! It was nice and it was the first time I honestly enjoyed eating broccoli, or however you spell it, lol.

YUM, these when I get home please.... <3



This week was awesome, but tiring physically and spiritually to be honest! And I want to personally thank Sis. Sell for the Halloween package! I loved it!


I hope yall had an awesome week, love you


Elder Dickinson 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...