Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 38: R.I.P. Dad (trainer)

Well beloved family and friends, another week has passed and that means I’ve already been in Midvale for 6 weeks, which that means its transfer time again.  I have two items of sad news.  First, my mission Dad (the Elder who trained me - Elder Degrange) is dying on Tuesday (finishing his mission and returning home to his family).  Second, Elder Bangerter is getting transferred to Clifton, AZ.  We thought we would be together for a while, but President Browning had something else in mind.   My new companion will be Elder Ikimau. He is from Samoa! I’m excited to learn from him, he is a great guy!  I’m pretty positive that after this next transfer he is headed home, too.

Man, I'm going to miss Elder Bangerter!!


So, last week didn’t end as planned, but that’s life.  You’ve got to roll with the punches!

Anyways, I would love to hear from y‘all!  Feel free to email me and I will reply back!

Other than transfer news, this week was just like any other here in Midvale! 

Tomorrow (Tuesday) marks the start of my 7th transfer and Thursday (Oct 4th) will by my 9 month mark!  Brother Collingwood is still on vacation for another 2 weeks.  We miss him and the great work he does.

Monday:  I know I say this every week, but it rings true – every time!  I love talking to you guys - especially Mom and Dad.  Seeing what I see out here every day, makes me grateful for the family I have.  I’m not sure if I could do this if it wasn’t for talking to you guys on Mondays! That’s how much of an impact a simple email on Monday has on me. After we finished emailing on Monday we had a dinner appointment with Sis. G___ at Whataburger. Its one of the burger chains you need to eat at, just so you can cross it off your bucket list, it was a fun time!

Tuesday we helped out at the food bank for a while then stopped at the library to do an hour of family history.  After all this fun stuff we came home, did studies and ate lunch.  Later, we headed out to see some people (referrals). They always seem to be working, lol.  We had dinner with the G__ family, but they were super busy.  They gave us a $20 to split and we ate on our own.

Wednesday was a pretty good day.  We had Zone Conference. The subject of this conference was using Facebook for proselyting and how to iron clothes. It was kind of a weird combination of topics, but was very informative. We had chicken taco salad for lunch and it was super good. After Zone Conference, we had an hour before dinner so we ran home, freshened up and headed out to a dinner appointment with the M___ family.  We ate at some Mexican restaurant…I swear after my mission, it might be a sloid year before I eat Mexican food again!!!!!!! Anyways, it was good, but we were so full from lunch, ugh.  After dinner we had a Ward Correlation Meeting and talked about the ward. That was about it for the night.

Our totally serious faces!


Yes, that is Elder Bangerter on my shoulders! LOL :O


#wehadthebestposeatzoneconference

Thursday was basically the same as Tuesday, except our dinner appointment cancelled, so we ended up eating at our apartment and then doing some stop-by visits. Oh, I did receive my package!!!!! Thank you so much Grandma for the gifts and Mom and Dad, thank you. I love packages and am looking forward to more to come! 


I LOVE care packages!

 Japanese candy my Dad had on his mission! Its surprisingly good!

Friday was our planning day and of course we taught S__ K__.  I will probably end up baptizing him - who knows though.  We taught a simple lesson on Tithing and the Word of Wisdom!  He is still on track for baptism this upcoming Saturday!

Saturday consisted of driving to and from church 3 times! Church is 30 minutes one way, lol. Why? We had General Conference = 3 sessions on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. It was hard to pay attention because the A/C went and it was 95 degrees in the church!  I sweat through my shirt, lol. We also visited Sis. C__ in between sessions. Later, we got Elder Bangerter’s transfer call. :(

Tahono O'Odham maze man theory 

Sunday - fun day! Luckily, we were able to watch General Confine at the P___ family’s house – were it was nice a cool. They live in Sahaurita, but we got permission to go down there to watch it with them.  They made us some awesome French toast and eggs for breakfast and then for lunch they made us some baked Italian sandwiches! It was a fun time with a house full of people enjoying conference shenanigans!

This week here in Tucson was pretty darn good!  I hope y’all had the same!

Love you,


Elder Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...