Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 39: Highs and Lows

This week was wonderful! 

However, Elder Bangerter was transferred out and that makes me sad.  He was made a District Leader in Clifton, AZ.  Elder Bang, if you read this, good luck with your next companion!  Also my mission Dad (my trainer, Elder Degrange) died (finished his mission and returned home).  It is so crazy to think he has been back to normal life for almost a week now!  Also, I hit my nine month mark this week and we had another baptism!

Saying Goodbye to my Dad (Elder Degrange) 


Even though this week was full of wonderful things, by the end of the week I started to get sick.  I don’t know if it is a cold or what, but I have also had endless stomach aches. Even though it is seems minor, prayers would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance ;)

Well, I might as well hop right into my week:

Monday was a good day.  After our P-Day activities and the fun stuff we went out to see Sis. C__,one last time with Elder Bangerter.  Then, we had dinner at Denny’s.  I had the salted caramel banana cream pancakes, they were very good! That was Monday, and of course emailing the wonderful people abroad!

Tuesday morning, I had to say good-bye to Elder Bangerter and Elder Degrange.  It was bittersweet, minus the sweet part.  It actually hurt to see my trainer leave to return home.  He was like family to me out here - because I have none out here - but that’s life, so I’ll roll with the punches.  After saying goodbye to those two, I was in a temporary trio companionship with Elders Lorensen and Wilko while I waited for my new companion to show up.  We had a dandy ole day - then Elder Ikimau showed up at four o’clock. After I picked him up, we had a dinner appointment with the C___ family, then returned home so Elder Ikimau could get unpacked and settled in.  Here is a little background on Elder Ikimau.  He is 26 years old and is from Nieu (pronounced New Way) an island 2,400 kilometers northeast of New Zealand. Nieu is about 100 square miles, a populaion around 1,600 people and is considered a self governing country in free association with New Zealand. He is a spiritual giant and will finish his mission in December.

Bye Bye Bang!


Wednesday was a long day.  We drove to Sahaurita, AZ for our District Meeting.  On the way, we had to pick up the Valencia Elders.  After District Meeting, we came home, had lunch and then did our studies until dinner.  Sadly, we didn’t have a dinner appointment and had dinner on our own, but that’s OK.  After dinner we drove to the Church for S__’s baptismal interview.  He is such a smart kid!  He passed his interview, lol.   He already knew all the stuff from Primary, so we basically just had him teach us the lessons - reverse psychology, lol.

Elder Ikimau's flag of Niue 


We started Thursday off at the food bank.  We were part of a group of Elders and Sisters and we did the same amount of crates in an hour that some groups can do in an entire day!  We assembled over 500 crates - so it was a job well done!  After the food bank, we went to the library for an hour and did family history, then we came home and ate lunch.  Later, we attempted some stop-by visits with no success.  We had to cancel a dinner appointment because of the Book of Mormon class we teach in Sells, but guess what.  No one showed up for the class, so we drove 100 miles and cancelled a perfectly good dinner appointment for nothing.  So, after a long day and a lot of driving we got home late and made ourselves some dinner and hit the hay.

Coconut Drink from Brother O! :) Literally, a COCONUT!!


Friday we did our weekly planning, wahoo!  Not really…it was just alright, but we had dinner with the K__ family before S__’s baptism the next morning.  So, Friday was comprised of two time consuming things.

Saturday was S__’s big day!   S__’s baptism was something special!  I think a huge part of it was because one of the speakers’ talk really set the tone for the Spirit!  It was a super awesome moment!  I can’t really describe it fully because it was all just kind of blurred together in happiness and joy! I performed the baptism and Bro. O__ confirmed him.  After his baptism, we headed home, ate lunch and I got lined up (got my hair cut). Uce (Elder Ikimau’s nick name) cut my hair.  He is an amazing hair cutter – which comes in handy! After that we went and visited Sis C___ and Sis P__.   It was awesome!  She surprised us with a strawberry and banana trifle she made, and man, is it delicioso!  So, Saturday was just an awesome day!

S's Baptism day! So proud of him!!


Sunday - fun day:  Man this Sunday was brutal!!! We woke up and attended Sacrament Meeting in the Midvale Ward, then we drove home, ate breakfast and drove to the Sells Branch for their Sacrament Meeting.  Just like Thursday’s Book of Mormon class, almost no one showed up.  Everyone must have been all thrown off by General Conference last week.  Anyways, after our block of meetings in Sells, we had to drive back to Tucson and pick up some food that had been prepared by Midvale ward members and then drive all the way out to Three Points to deliver it to two families in need.  After that, we headed back to Midvale for Ward Correlation Meeting.  We wore our suits all day, so it was hot!

Ugh what a week it was!  I can’t wait to hear from y’all! I hope y’all have a wonderful week!

Love dearly,

Elder Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...