Monday, September 3, 2018

Week 85: Dirty Duncan District – Round Two :)


Well, well well.  Another week has come and gone here in the ATM (Arizona Tucson Mission).  With a new week comes a whole bunch of new things.  From a new area to a new companion, a new baptismal date and a new apartment and such.

Too much food + 8 straight hours of church = this disaster! UGH

You can probably read into in the first paragraph that I am getting transferred to my final resting place.... drumroll...... Clifton AZ.  I am super excited for the final leg if my mission. I get to finish in a small mining town about 45 minutes North East of Safford, AZ.  My new companion will be Elder Heiner. I don't know much about him, but he seems like a cool Elder.  I started my mission and will end it in the Duncan District (we call it the Dirty Duncan District because we do so much physical labor as service – I’m so excited).

Today, for P-day, we will be going over to my adopted Tongan family. Yes, you guessed it the O__s.  We will be having a mini luau again with a pig and everything!  I am super excited.

It has been storming here a lot these last two days - and I’m not complaining – it is nothing but pure gratefulness for some relief from the heat.  It’s really funny watching the reactions of Arizonians seeing rain.  It is the equivalent of a 6-year-old on Christmas morning.  It's actually super entertaining.

This week we met with a whole bunch of people – so, I’ll narrow down this week’s highlights to just one thing.  The highlight of my week was teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to M___.  I know I have talked about her before, but M__ is 85 and is a super cute Hispanic lady.  During this week's visit we helped her hang some pictures, playfully pick on my companion in Spanish (which he doesn’t speak), we FaceTime-ed with her recently baptized son A___ who participated in our lesson from his home in Virginia.  We shared our testimonies of the Gospel and how it has affected our lives. We asked A__ to invite her to be baptized if he felt he should do so. As the lesson went on he did just that and she set a baptismal date.  

Super awesome experience! Celebrating with her family! Love it.


I have never witnessed such a beautiful fervent testimony as A__’s during a ‘Mom & son’ discussion between the two pf them.  It was so sweet, it gave me goosebumps. Why? Well the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the path way to an eternal family (like I talked about last week). The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the blue print to happiness.  Not only that it is an essential process to obtain exaltation. So, the reason it gave me goosebumps was because I witnessed a vital step in that process, a tender change of M___’s heart, reaching out to take A___'s hand - through baptism - and join his eternal family. Just writing this gives me more goosebumps, lol.

Just like A___ and M___, this message is for everyone. It WILL bring you everlasting happiness. So next time you see two guys in a white shirt and black name badge with the large name of Jesus Christ on it ask them why they are so happy.  Ask them how you can feel God's love. I personally promise you that if you do so, it will not only change your life, but the lives of your friends and family as well.

I leave this humble testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ, the Prince of peace. my savior, Amen

I cannot wait to hear from y'all. I love each and every one of you guys.

Love,

Elder Connor William Dickinson 


1 this is what happens at a dinner when you eat too much. The catch you slacking.  This was also after 8 hours of church

Margie and I with Alex and family

Dickinson place - and no, I'll never live here lol. Its to darn hot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...