Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Week 84: Monsoons, Sushi and the Plan of Salvation


Well, I learned a lot this week and we were super busy.  A lot of our time this week was taken up with finding and lessons.  I would guess we taught about 10 lessons this week - 8 of which were about the Plan of Salvation

This week we were able to meet with M___ and K___, both of who are progressing towards baptism.  It is exciting to watch people grow and learn to love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This week we experienced some pretty different situations.   Sunday, we had to leave the River Crossing Ward’s meetings early to help a member of the Butterfield ward give a ride to a transgender person.  It was a fun and interesting time.  We talked about learning the guitar and other topics of interests with this lady named H__. It was a new experience for both of us and the member we helped said it was all preparing me for being Bishop.  Man, do I hope he is wrong, lol...but seriously though.

Whaaaat! Pretty awesome they named a street after me! :D


Saturday:  We had the opportunity to go out on splits with our Ward Mission Leader, Bro. R__ and we visited well over 20 people. 

Here is some fun news from the River Crossing Ward. During a meeting, I brought up the idea of implementing Bro. Collingwood’s program for less active members.  We have now been using that program for 2 weeks. They have not done anything like this in this ward before and it has turned out to be a gold mine.   In the last 2 weeks we have found 20 people that have moved into the ward and reactivated 7 people.  We, as a ward mission, with the help of our Heavenly Father were able to increase the attendance percentage of the River Crossing Ward by over 6 percent!!!! 

Friday night we had a diner appointment with Bro. O__ and guess where he took us.  He took us to an all-you-can-eat sushi place.  I was in heaven!  At $25 a person – we got our money back 10x over.  They were so happy to see us go, lol.  We did the math and the sushi we ate would be valued at just around $400.  I was hurting after wards though and ended up gaining 4 pounds - so much for a diet, lol.  Don’t worry, I’m back on track since then!

The Elder laying on the floor is going home soon!




Thursday:  We were able to play basketball.  We invited all the investigators we though would enjoy it, but none showed up.  We were still able to get a darn good work out. It was a good experience

Wednesday we had a heck of a monsoon! The storm knocked out the power and flooded the streets.  There was a massive lightning strike, which hit close to us and started a palm tree on fire. It was something else!

There was one day we had four lessons in one day.  That was intense and super stressful, but duties calls!

This week I would like to share something which I hold dearly. That would be the Plan of Salvation. Maybe there is a reason I taught it so many times this week. 
The Plan of Salvation teaches us how we can live with our families forever.  How?  Well, first off - my family means the world to me!  What would heaven be without our families?  That would not seem like heaven at all, would it?  However, to be able to live with the people that I love and cherish for eternity - there is no other gift greater than this.  It’s all made possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

He died and suffered for our sins. So when the day of judgment comes, we can kneel before our heavenly King and say “I did my best.  I testified of and lived by your Son’s teachings.  The best part is, wherever we fell sort, Jesus Christ fills in any of the gaps.

This doctrine has brought me great peace after losing friends and loved ones during my mission.  Enduring loss and sharing these teachings with others has only strengthened my humble testimony of the God’s Plan.

I know this Plan to be true and it is for everyone.  No matter how far you may have strayed - God and his Son Jesus Christ are waiting with open arms. We just have to reach out to them. 

This is my testimony, and I say this in the name of our beloved Savior, the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, amen

I’m looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Love you.

Elder Connor William Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...