Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Week 82: Four Months and Not Counting

Man, this week just flew buy.  I guess that happens when your busy getting rejected, lol.
But in all seriousness, this week, for some odd reason, had a copious amount of meetings (again) and a lot of empty appointments and stop-by visits. On Monday (P-day) our zone played indoor golf at a place called Top Golf. It was a video golf range it so much fun!! I will keep it to myself who won. :D

Zone at TOP GOLF


When, I look back on the lessons we taught this week, we only really taught one solid lesson. It was with Bro. H__’s wife. She is a non-member.  She grew up Baptist and then practiced Buddhism.  She started coming to church with her husband and decided, “Well if I'm going to their church, I might as well figure out what they believe.”  So, we taught a solid first lesson, which went really well and she accepted all of the invitations we extended.  The next lesson will be in two weeks, due to their being on vacation this week.  We plan to invite her to be baptized then.  So that’s super exciting.  That is the main highlight of this week. 

We also had exchanged with the Zone Leaders, which went well - as always.  I went to the Young Single Adult Ward.  We didn't really teach any lessons, but we do some stop-by visits and had some good conversations. 

The last highlight of this week happened Sunday night.  I was able to go on a split with Elder Bowcut.  We are super good friends.  So, that was fun.  We taught a lesson in Spanish.  It was so cool to be able to use what little I know. I can't speak Spanish all that well, but I can translate it fluently. The Mission President said he was impressed that I know so much Spanish, lol.

I really can't remember much more that happened this week because we spent days at a time just contacting people, clearing up ward lists and refining our area book. So, that filled up a massive amount of our time.

Because this was a shorter email feel free to ask a lot of questions.  I'll leave you with my simple testimony.

That I know God lives.  Not only does He live, but He loves each and every one of us.  No matter what we do, through the atoning sacrifice of His only begotten son we can return back with him.  Christ is standing there with his arms open, but we have to make the choice to reach out to him.  I don't know who I'm saying this to or for what reason, but God does love you, don't quit…keep the faith! 

P.S. Mom and Dad I sold my blender for chicken.

I love y'all. 

Elder Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...