Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 83: A long tiring week




There are two ways to look at the subject line if this email.

1)  From your perspective, a civilian’s perspective, a long tiring week could include getting yelled at by the boss, worked 20 hours of overtime or something else that was probably not fun, edifying or so on.

Or

2) From the view point of a missionary a long and tiring week means a week full of work that was worth all of the difficulty.   As I lay in my bed typing this up I know I have given it my all this week. This was one of those weeks that was tiring, but I can kneel before my Lord and say “I've done all I could.”

That being said, my week was the second kind.  We were uber busy with service, teaching and meetings.  From now on, instead of going through my week day-by-day, I will only share any highlights.

Monday:  What can I say?  I'm a simple man. We could have done all the fun things in the world, but nothing can hold a candle to talking to my family on PDay. You guys are my world. You guys keep me going - so thank you for that.

Tuesday was a long day filled with cancelled lessons, but the highlight was being able to attend a missionary dinner for the Youth and Young Adults hosted at the Butterfield Ward bishop’s house.  He talked a little about his mission and we got to share advice on filling out our mission papers and things we wish we would have known better or done more before our missions.  So, it was a fun opportunity to share a little of what we have experienced to help future missionaries.

A beautiful desert sunset


Wednesday’s highlight was zone conference.  The West zone and North zones combined for a daylong conference to talk about numerous spiritual things ranging from technology safeguards to extending invitations and commitments.  It was defiantly an edifying and all-around spiritually enlightening time. 

Thursday was a day to remember, my goodness!  We woke up and went to do service at the C___s.  Due to some circumstances, they needed to move a shed off of one property and onto another - before the day was over.  We spent the morning using screw jacks to jack up the shed to a height that we would be able to get a trailer underneath it.  The screw jacks are exactly what they sound like.  Basically we had to spin a handle to wind the screw jack forever until they lifted the shed high enough. I have blisters on both palms, one of which got infected. Fun right?  Well we finally got the shed to the other property.  I was the traffic flagger and directed traffic and such.   After a tight squeeze and some on the fly engineering, we landed the shed on its final resting place. It ended up taking all day, but it was well worth it - not to mention I gained some valuable knowledge from doing it.



Challenge Accepted! :)



Friday consisted of weekly planning, lessons, correlation meeting and other business. Need I say more?

Saturday was a good day. We helped the O__ family (an entirely different O__ family that I’ve written about before) work in their back yard and completely change the look of it by 180 degrees.  We moved a dirt pile, weed wacked, removing stakes and did a lot of good old fashioned cleaning up.  Now, it looks wonderful.  It was darn hot, too.

Here is something cool:  I introduced our ward mission leader to Grandpa Collingwood.   We are now starting to use the program that Grandpa Collingwood developed in Midvale.  We just implemented it here and I'm looking forward to seeing it in use, because I know it works.  So we went out on splits with Bro. R___ and visited some new move ins and other less active members. It was time well spent.

Sunday:  My goodness!  We had meetings from 6:00AM until out 8:30PM dinner appointment. It was a brutally long day, but again – it was worth it.

That was my week.  I am looking forward you hearing from y'all.  I love you.


Love,

Elder Connor William Dickinson 

I will send pictures in another email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...