Saturday, September 15, 2018

Week 86: What a week! #GPG


What a week! This week was really, really good/happy.  Lately, I’ve been remembering and practicing one good thing that I learned from playing football.  That would be having a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) – and, man, has it worked.  I also received a care package from one of my favorite seminary teachers ever. Thanks Sis. Sell!  It was a ‘Don't Worry - Be Happy’ package and it was much needed! I've been doing just that – not worrying and just being happy and I’ll tell yah what, it has really worked.  We have been seeing a lot of success, too.  It makes for a really fun time.  I wish every week could be just like this last week.

I guess the best part of this week was our finding a part-member family to teach:  the R__s family.  The dad is a church member, but the two kids and mom are not.  Because our recent acts of service, they are now wanting follow the example of their dad and be a more Christ centered family, which is wonderful!  The dad has recently been reactivated and will hopefully one day baptize his family. Maybe during my time here or maybe not - who knows. Quien sabe.  This was definitely the best part of our week. 

Awesome Farewell Luau with the O's Family. I love them so much!

We spent a lot of time just walking around and talking to people who were out walking.  Being that Clifton is a company town – meaning the mining company owns all of the property – literally the entire town- because of this the company dictates the laws that say we cannot tract due to the different shift-work schedules.  So, we talked to over 60 people on the street this week!

We had an opportunity to help brother R___s in his taco shop.  We helped saw concrete and will eventually help him laying some pipe.  It was a fun project and I gained some good experience.  Some service is more fun than others, and this fun, plus it opened up the opportunity for us to teach his family.

I can't say much about Clifton and Morenci, other than you need to experience it yourselves. There is a kind of charm about this place that just can't be explained.  It has been proved that this is one of the best areas in the mission - next to Animas. So, I got super lucky in getting the opportunity to come back to the Duncan Stake/District. 

Our current abode! :D




Just a few pictures from our P-day hike.


Doctrine wise, I do not have a teaching point this week, but remember what I said about having a PMA.  It really has made a difference in my life this week and hopefully yours too 😉.

My new companion is Elder Heiner.   He is the bomb.com.  He is super calm, friendly and always happy. He is just an awesome guy to be around. 

I miss the O__ family. That was a hard goodbye and leaving them was really tough on me, but I have been well accepted into this ward already.  Bishop McBride says he remembered me from 20 months ago – during exchanges, lol. So, that's already a foot in the door and the new stake President sat in on one of our lessons with us.  He said he is super proud of the Duncan District and it is on fire right now.  In this little remote area, the Dirty Duncan District has five baptismal dates as a stake and will be possibly adding 3-5 more in the next week or so!  Our companion set has one baptismal date set and we might be able to add 4 more soon.

Nothing but a positive report this week. I love y'all and can't wait to hear from you.

Love you,

Elder Connor William Dickinson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...