Monday, July 30, 2018

Week 80: Silver Linings



Well, let's just start off this week’s email by saying:  In order to see beautiful silver linings, it needs to be a cloudy day.  In order to see good, one must experience bad, light/darkness and so on. 

That being said the first part of this week was rough.  I had to say goodbye to four of my previous companions, because it was their turn to go home.  I will especially miss Elders Bangerter and VanSweden. So, I was in a pretty sad state of mind, I must say.  This all happened on transfer Tuesday and as you already know my new companion is Elder Bancroft and I’m still working in the River Crossing and Butterfield wards.

Saying goodbye to Elder VanSweden


Wednesday was just a bad day in general.  We didn't get much done. Most of the day was spent getting acquainted with all the changes and some administrative things.

Thursday we did some service at the C___’s house. Basically, there are like our Grandma and Grandpa. After service Elder Bancroft talked with Bro. C___ and I helped Sis C___ and shared stories while making taco salad.  Man, I enjoyed that. It threw me back to Wisconsin, making Thanksgiving cranberries and pie with my Grandma in her kitchen.  That was one of the highlights of my week.

Friday was one of the most stressful days ever.  I’m not sure why, but it ended well.

Saturday was a good day. We visited a ton of people. Some were receptive - some not so much.
I got a prompting to go visit a Less Active Member, but sadly nothing happened as they didn't answer their door.  When we turned around to go back to our car, there was this guy waiting for us.  We stuck up a conversation and ended up teaching him a wonderful lesson.  We have never met him before, but God put him in our path.  We will now be meeting with him this next week!
God works in mysterious ways, that’s for sure. That was another highlight of my week.

Late Tuesday evening, we taught a lesson to the O___s. They were super excited to have us come over after a few bouts of illness. They have not been to church in forty, yes 40 years. We taught them the gospel of Jesus Christ and how we can personally apply it to our lives and part of that is baptism/receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.  As a member, that means attending church meetings and partaking of the sacrament.  On Sunday - for the first time in forty years – they found the Spirit they have been lacking beyond those church doors.  What a joyous thing it was to see them walk into the chapel, pursuing God.

One more quick experience:  If you are feeling down turn to the scriptures and prayer.  I was feeling down earlier this week and decided to study in D&C.  I opened up to a scripture and it was perfectly tailored to my situation.  Remember God is waiting there for us with open arms. We have to do our part and reach for him. 

That was my week in a nutshell.  Anyways, I can't wait to hear from y'all.  I love you!  Keep the faith.

Love,

Elder Connor William Dickinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...