Saturday, July 28, 2018

Week 79: Changes



This week contained a lot of changes - some good, some bad, some relevant, some irrelevant.  I guess you could say that sometimes things happen for the better and sometimes for the worst or sometimes for reasons unknown.  That being said, after Saturday night’s transfer calls we will still be working in both the Butterfield and Rivers Crossing Wards.   On this coming Wednesday Elder van Sweden will be going home and I'll be getting Elder Bancroft.  He and I were in the same MTC district, but given the random nature of transfers, I don't know much of what he will be like - so it will definitely be very interesting.  I have been working on my diet, but this week with all of the changes, I’m betting I will have more stress than usual, which will drive me to work out more in the mornings.  So, hopefully that will help with the diet.

We really didn't have much happen this week.  Most of the week was spent saying goodbyes and tying up the loose ends before Elder van Sweden ships out – and lots of contacting.

Monday was a good day.  We played some basketball and hung out with the Zone.  It didn’t take long playing basketball before I pulled a hamstring, which pretty much shut me down. Other than shopping, playing ball and emailing home we didn't do much on Monday.

Tuesday was a rough day. I my hamstring was still sore, but that didn't get in the way of the work - it just made everything unbearable.  We were still able to work, so we went out and visited a couple people and then did the street contact thing - basically all day.   We didn't have much success. To finish off Tuesday we had a decent lesson with M__ on prayer.  I say it was only decent because the member we brought along completely over whelmed her.  Poor M___, but we will be meeting with her this week, so that’s good at least.

Wednesday was an interesting day.  It included Elder van Sweden's last district meeting and it went very well.  We worked on an exercise where we had to teach the restoration lesson in under a minute.  Why would that help us you might ask?  It helps us teach things simply and clearly. Elder van Sweden gave a really good training on that.  Following district meeting we went out and contact people all day long, again.  Basically anytime or we weren't doing stuff, we were contacting people. So, if I don't say that we're doing much it was basically because we were doing contacting all the time we didn’t have lessons or service – which was most of the week.

Thursday was a good day.  It started with service at the C__’s, like we do every Thursday morning.  After service, we did more contacting in the afternoon, because we really didn't have any appointments.   More accurately, the appointments we did have scheduled fell through.  So, we just contacted until dinner and then we took a decent break because it was so hot. After dinner, we contacted some more. As much as I hate contacting, it has to be done when we have an open schedule.

Friday was a good day, which basically consisted of weekly planning and Elder van Sweden finishing up his ‘My Plan’ program.   After transfers, Fridays won't be as fun because neither of us will have ‘My Plan’ to work on. We will just have weekly planning, some sporadic lessons and more finding. Yay!

Saturday was a decent day.  We had some service lined up in the morning, but after that some more lessons fell through, so we did more contacting.  We did find a good investigator through a Book of Mormon request/referral.  His name is B__ and he requested a copy of the Book of Mormon. We will stop by this week to teach him – or just talk to him to see what he believes and see if he wants to take the lessons. So, wish us luck on that. Other than that, this week has been very unsuccessful, mainly because of all of the goodbyes for Elder van Sweden.

Sunday was a good day at church.  We learned about sacrifice and gospel principles in the River Crossing Ward.  It was a pretty cool lesson.  Sunday night we didn't have a dinner appointment lined up so we stopped by the C___s for Elder van Sweden and we ended up playing a couple games with the and just enjoyed being with their family.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures from this week – actually I don't have any pictures at all, lol. I will have a couple pictures to share on Tuesday, so stay tuned.  I'm sorry not much else happened this week, but sometimes that's the life of a missionary.  I'm not exactly sure what this next transfer will hold, but let's just say I could use some prayers.  Thank you for all that you guys do. I love you and I can't wait to hear from you.

P.S. Missions are hard. It challanges me every day.

Love,

Elder Connor William Dickinson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...