Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 78: New week = New me


This week was a pretty interesting one. Not much really happened on the southwest home front. I've decided to start a diet - kind of like a 6 months to sexy thing. Except, I'm starting at 5 months.  I think this will help me both spiritually and physically.  I'm definitely looking forward to this being a positive experience. Setting goals in life is important.  It gives you something to work towards, makes you desire the right things and hopefully helps you find a more healthier you.  Hopefully at the end of five months, I'll find a more spiritual me too.  I also got a cool haircut this week and it has been raining a lot - thank goodness!   The rain keeps the temperature down, but it also makes it humid, which I never thought I would miss (summers in Wisconsin are really humid).  But, after working and living in the dry heat, I sure have missed it.  Before I left for Arizona, I met a guy who described ‘yeah, but it’s a dry heat’ being like someone holding a blow dryer to your face all day every day, lol.  Man, was he right.   I'll jump into the week now.

Monday, was a really cool day.  We got to see the O__ family again. It was a wonderful reunion, being able to spend the day with that wonderful family.   We spent the day preparing an entire pig for a Polynesian feast. We went through the entire step-by-step process (which I won't go into detail for those who are faint-hearted).  After 6 hours of cooking we ended up with 30 lb. of pork served with lou and various other Polynesian side dishes.  We spent the next hour eating as much as we could.  Only a pound of pork remained after the eight of us had finished eating.  I'll let you do the math, but I'll just say I was a very full boy for the rest of the day (and the rest of the week, lol). Other than chatting with Mom and Dad, Janet and grandma - that pretty much sums up my Monday. 

Dinner with the O Family!!! (they are the best)


Making Lou

FInished product!! YUM


We spent most of Tuesday day visiting people with not much success finding any new investigators.   That's pretty much what happened all day Tuesday, other than lunch and dinner. We ended the night attending the Butterfield Ward’s correlation meeting.  The ward really needs help, but we don't really know how we can do, but things are starting to look up.

Wednesday:  We were able to have a good day doing some visiting and street contacting. We didn't find any new investigators, but we did talk to 30 plus people. While spending time doing this it might not seem like we're doing missionary work, we always are.  Just being out there letting people see us doing what we should be, is a form of missionary work.  Wednesday night we started exchanges with the Zone Leaders.  Those exchanges went pretty well and extended into Thursday.

Thursday was a pretty good day of exchanges with Elder Eldridge.  He's one of our Zone Leaders. We did a couple visits and some service.  The service was helping Bro. and Sis. C__ clean out one of their storage rooms.  Man, did I sweat a lot!   It was so hot and humid.  After several hours of working there we had a wonderful lunch with them and then headed home to shower and change for a few teaching appointments.  Later that afternoon, we met with a guy named S___.  He is a member, but has been less active.  He used to meet with the missionaries, but then he got a new job as a trucker and was no longer able to meet.   Now, he is able to meet with us at church on Sunday - so that's good.  After that meeting with S___ we had a dinner appointment with Sis. A__.  After that, we eventually exchanged back. So, Thursday was a pretty eventful day.

Friday we did our weekly planning and later Elder VanSweden worked on his My Plan.  Later that night, we had a dinner appointment with the C___ family from the Butterfield Ward followed by doing some finding. That was pretty much Friday.

Care Package Goodies!
(I think the white shirts are my fave! Whew! LOL)


Saturday was a pretty interesting day as well.  We did some finding, but I wasn't feeling very well, so we spent some of the daytime trying to recoup.  Later we did some more stop-by visits, then headed to bed –after dinner of course.  Saturday night was a rough night of sleep - mainly because I wasn't feeling well. Then, around 3 a.m. we were woken by several gunshots.  They were pretty close.  So, that was exciting.

Sunday:  We had a wonderful day at church at the River Crossing Ward.  We learned a lot about family history and missionary work.  I was impressed how they put on a good sacrament meeting about missionary work without including us, lol.  So, that was definitely a nice change, for once.  After church, we headed to the Butterfield Ward for Sacrament Meeting, after which we went home and changed out of our suits and into short sleeve shirts and ties.   We headed to a dinner appointment with the L__ family.  We had an awesome meal of cranberry chicken, peas and rice. After that we headed to J___ and B__'s to say hi to them.  They were really busy working on their $1 trailer house, which is starting to look really nice.

Sunday evening we also received a referral from somebody.  It was like a last-minute miracle that we we're able to find an investigator this week. The Lord sure works in mysterious ways.

That was pretty much my week.

I'm sorry I didn't have much to report on this week, but not much happened.  I hope you guys all had a good week back home.  Please stay safe and healthy.  I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow. God bless and keep the faith.

I love y'all.

Elder Connor William Dickinson.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...