Sunday, June 3, 2018

Week 73: Another Week Down


Another Week Down


Well, howdy there,

Long time - no talk, huh?  Honestly, I’m getting so bad at writing these weekly updates.  We had a couple of busy PDays in a row and it is what it is and I am sorry.  Next week I will do a lot better.  Once again, I am sorry.

This week has been pretty darn uneventful, but the highlight of my week was having the privilege to speak in the Butterfield Ward Sacrament meeting.  We, along with our ward mission leader, spoke on missionary work.  It went so well, I can't believe how many people loved our talks.  Several said that our talks had changed their whole outlook on talking about the gospel to others.  One guy exclaimed how my talk had actually changed his life and how he now views everyone as a child of God and loves them!  So, things are going well in this ward, which was once not so keen on missionary work.  All three of us knocked it out of the park.  The bishopric loved it and said that they were fascinated with our speaking abilities, lol.  So, that was defiantly the highlight of my week!




Let's see Monday we emailed home, went fishing and went to the S___’s later for FHE.

Tuesday we were busy all day long with Zone Conference (ZC).  It hit me then - that I only have 4 more ZCs left before I head back to Wisconsin.  That’s pretty crazy.

ZC consists mainly of talks.  This time the topics were the Book of Mormon and talking with others.  After being on my mission this long, ZCs basically repeat topics over and over, so to be honest they are all beginning to sound the same.  However, I still learn something new at every ZC.   We did take some fun pictures of the Zone, but man, the highlight of the ZC was an awesome lunch!  I think that may have been my favorite part.  We had some killer Sloppy Joes with all kinds of desserts.  It not only hit the spot, but it almost put me to sleep during the second half of conference, lol.





Wednesday we also got the opportunity to help out at foodbank.  It is pretty humbling work. It makes me appreciate what I have a lot more.  Later, we had a going away party and yes there was food, so I was a happy camper.

Thursday we had the privilege to teach the first lesson to F__’s wife.  It went really well, but as always, there were some bumps along the road - just questions or concerns, but ultimately I think we’ll be able to work out.  You just never know, but other than that it went super good!

Friday we had weekly planning and some service so that was a pretty uneventful day.

Saturday we got to move two families, which took all day, but service makes me happy.  So, it was well worth the back pain.  In the afternoon we had to do some chores around the house. Not only that, but we had to write our talks.  There is nothing like writing a talk last minute right?
Sunday we went to many hours of church and gave our talks.  It was a spirit filled, edifying and uplifting day.  Later, we had dinner with the G__s and once again I ate too much! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week...

I love you.

Elder Connor William Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...