Monday, May 28, 2018

Week 72: Week Bajillion and a Half


This week was an interesting week - not necessarily in the best of ways.  Mother’s Day was wonderful as was emailing home on Monday!  I love, love, love emailing home and chatting with family!  It makes my day and sometimes week.

Being honest up front, this going to be a super short email - only for the fact that Tuesday through Friday morning I was super sick.  Being sick doesn't sound like a lot, but I lost five pounds in that little stretch.  Let's just say, I would wish what I went through on my worst enemy - not that I have any, but you get the point!  So, that was a massive part of our week when combined with our weekly planning, which darn near takes an entire day. 

On Friday night we met with Aliyah again and taught her the Plan of Salvation.  She basically taught us again. It was a wonderful experience and she is still on track for her Baptism on June 9th! 

Now for the highlight of my week!

Brother F__ B__, the one that takes us fishing has been coming to church ever since we first met him.  He was inactive when we met him.  No, we have both met him and his wife several times... but we didn’t know she was a non-member.  After being around us, she said she would like to take the lessons!  She has come to church a few times.  She has some concerns, but nothing that can't be solved.  I just look at this situation and think:  What would have happened if we didn't ask some questions about fishing that when we first met him?  So much of his reactivation stems from a simple question.  That change has now led to his wife wanting to know why we are so nice, happy and joyous.  Let me tell yah, it's not just the fishing, it's the gospel of Jesus Christ and the comfort it brings all of us. Now who could have known that I would have used fishing as a missionary tool... let alone being in the middle of the desert, lol. 



I'm sorry this week’s email is so short.   Kids, don't get the stomach bug that's going around - its death! But anywho, that last story is super meaningful to me. I'm not sure why, but it's just been another day on the mission, another day I wouldn't trade for anything!

I love yall.

Love,

Elder Connor William Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...