Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Week 71: Happy Mother’s Day!!



Well, what a week! We have had a lot of ups and downs lately, which is to be expected in missionary work.  But, more times than not, there are more positives than negatives.  I wouldn't trade the time I've spent out here for anything.  Every day, I am gaining valuable knowledge like construction and people skills, but most importantly I’ve come to know my savior, Jesus Christ.

This week being Mother’s Day week and I had A chance to Skype with Mom & Dad on Sunday I would just like to hit the highlights of my week.  Oh, for those of you who have been getting my weekly emails in the past, but are not receiving them now – don’t worry – I haven’t unfriended you, lol.  When I broke my tablet last month, I lost all of my email addresses – except for the ones I had memorized.

I'd have to say the best part of my week was being able to Skype home for Mother’s Day and being able to talk to my wonderful parents.  What would we do without our wonderful mothers, right?  I wouldn't be here right now, lol.  I would have to say that Skyping home on my mission is an experience I will cherish forever.  Luckily for me, by the time the next Skype opportunity rolls around (Christmas) I will have been home for a month already!  I can't wait to see everyone then, but Skyping with Mom & Dad was defiantly the highlight of my week!

Secondly, we finally finished the chicken coop and got all the girls moved in there.  Give them two more months and they will be laying eggs! Through a lot of sweat and sarcastic jokes from our landlord S__ (it’s his coop) we were able to put together one heck of a chicken coup, which will probably stand through the Millennium, lol. 

Happy Mothers Day!


On Saturday night we had an awesome and humbling experience, which turned out to be one the things that I really love about being a missionary.  Were headed to a dinner appointment in a rural area outside of Benson.  In this area, people don’t like to put their house numbers on their house, so it is really hard to find an address you are not familiar with.  We thought we were close, so we stopped at a house and knocked on the door.  When the door opened, we know we had the wrong house and made an apology and were turning to leave.  The lady quickly stopped us and said, “Oh Elders, how did you know I needed a blessing.”  She was a member who’s husband had just undergone a liver transplant that day and she had been praying all day for someone to come and give her a blessing.  So, what started out as a wrong address turned out to be divine intervention.

Also, this week we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders.  I guess we had a good lesson with one of them.  We met this guy named R___, he is an investigator who has two pet wolves. They were so funny.  Being wolves, you would think they would be vicious, right?  Nope, hey were so timid, but he said when they see a rabbit or if the neighbor’s dog gets loose it's game over, lol.

Oh, also this week I learned that K__ S__ one of my recent converts I baptized in Central Tucson has received the Aaronic priesthood and blesses and passes the sacrament.  Oh, how happy was I when I heard this...this is what serving a mission is all about. 

Today (Pday) we got to go fishing and later this evening we have Family Home Evening with the S___s.

To close, I'd would like to leave you with my testimony of the Church.  Simply put, this church is about families and how by living the commandments we can be eternally happy – as families.   Ever since I made the decision to walk on the plane, leaving behind the only thing I knew, I was happy, not sad.  It didn't make sense to me at the time, but I was doing what my Heavenly Father would have me do - to share his gospel with the people here in Arizona and New Mexico. 

I know this Church is true, that the restoration of the Church is true.  Not only true, but it needed to happen because God is a loving God. He loves every last one of his children as much as he loves his own son Jesus Christ. And because he loves us he sent his only Begotten. To become the Prince of Peace and the savior and Redeemer of all mankind.   I know that God lives. And he is furthering and hastening his work at this very minute.  I invite you all to read pray and ponder about the Book of Mormon. It is literally heaven sent! It'll change lives of others if you choose to share, or it will uplift and edify one’s self!


That's my testimony I would like to leave with yall.

I hope you guys have had another week, and hope there is a good one to come,

Love you,

Elder Connor William Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...