Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 53: Insert Catchy Subject Line Here

Well, let me be the first to tell you this week was less than eventful because I was sick for 60% of it. But, during this week I’ve found/rekindled my desire to work - and to work hard. We had a Zone Conference this week and we learned about a bunch of stuff.  We will have interviews with the Mission President on Tuesday (tomorrow) and we set some pretty lofty goals. I can’t wait to share the success we will have had by the end of this week. Hopefully! 🤞 Not only that, but I am starting an awesome transformation story and hope next PDay I can share the major difference between now and next Monday,

Mondays before my mission were bleh, Mondays during my mission are the best days ever, because I get to communicate with the loved ones! And likewise, I bet, lol.  Monday night we ate at buffalo wild wings, I ended up not getting a salad but found a new favorite there. Traditional wings with the chipotle barbecue dry rub = darn delicious!

Tuesday was an interesting day.  We woke up got dressed up in our suits and went off to Zone Conference. It went from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. Let me just say that the mind can only learn as much as the butt can endure. So, the first 2 hours were great and lunch of course.  In zone conference we learned about:

·         Love and obedience and how they actually go hand in hand 
·         How can I change my heart to be the best me possible
·         Monthly mission goals and
·         New standards of excellence

That evening following zone conference I’m pretty sure my mono kicked in. I slept from 4:00 that evening until 11:00 am the next day.  We and a small lunch, which I couldn’t keep down That was pretty much my Wednesday.

Thursday:  We were able to go to foodbank to work for two hours and then went out to visit people with the awesome Bro.  Collingwood. Later that night we taught our Book of Mormon class in Sells, AZ. We read from Mosiah chapter 10.  Following that we gave Sis. B___ a blessing and all went well. 

Friday:  Thursday night we received a text from R__ asking if we and some other missionaries could come over for lunch and to watch President Monson’s funeral service.  It was a beautiful service followed by a surprisingly darn good lunch of spaghetti squash and sauce with chicken mixed in and salad on the side and horchata to drink. It was a wonderful lunch. After Spending time with R__ we did our weekly planning until our dinner appointment with the I__s, a very cute old couple.  Aside from being slightly awkward, it was good, lol.

Saturday: Elder Lee was not feeling it Saturday so he rested and I read Preach My Gospel in 2 days. Man, it’s a wonderful book. Very helpful and very informative. While it was a down day, we still got to visit sister C__. We learned that she had a heart attack this weekend. But she’s home and resting and any prayers would defiantly be helpful.

Sunday was a good day. Most of the members in Sells didn’t show up, but it was OK because Elder Lee and I had to give talks. Luckily there was only 12 people there. I realized as soon as the sacrament song started. The person who brings bread was not there…so I ran to the fridge in the kitchen and found the only thing possible = corn tortillas. So, Sacrament Meeting was kind of funny, weird and hopefully had a few good talks, lol.  It’ll be an experience I won’t forget. We both gave talks on the Book of Mormon.

I know this week’s email was pretty short, but being sick attributes to a short week with not much to report. This coming week we have interviews with the President on Tuesday, and exchange on Wednesday and some darn lofty goals to work towards. Our goals for this week it to find 4 new investigators, set 2 bap dates, have 3 investigators at church on Sunday, hand out 30 books of Mormon and have 40 quality gospel conversations. Once again prayers appreciated, lol

I cannot wait to hear from you guys tomorrow, I love y’all so much


Love,
🌴🌵Elder Connor William Dickinson🌵🌴





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...