Monday, January 1, 2018

Week 51: El burro sabe mas que tú...just kidding... well maybe


First things, first...you must go back to last week and check out the additional pictures! :)

Now to this week:

El burro sabe mas que tú...just kidding... well maybe

(Everybody just says this phrase down here...its just a funny thing)

Heres a Merry Christmas video:



Why yes, I am still alive! Whether you thought it’s because you haven’t heard from me for a while...or the holiday cooking...and or crazy church members, I managed to survive the holiday season -a.k.a. the Mexican New Year.  I am writing this email on New Year’s Eve, because all missionaries have been ordered to spend from 8:00 pm on in their apartments due to the absurd amounts of gun shots being fired into the air to celebrate.  For some reason, the Mexicans here think it’s a wonderful idea to fire millions of gunshots into the air. Silly them, they don’t know where all of those rounds are going to land. So that why we had to be in by 8pm tonight!

These last two weeks have been a blur, and somewhat uneventful - other than the wonderful holidays! 

Skyping on Christmas


Monday (Christmas) was by far, undoubtedly the best day of my mission!  Being surrounded by my adopted family down here (church members and missionaries) made being away from home for the holidays super easy.  We woke up and unwrapped presents from home and then made and at breakfast. Mom sent a great Christmas breakfast of banana caramel pancakes with real maple syrup made by one of her friends in Wisconsin.  They were killer.  Elder Perry and I enjoyed them while Elder Mitchell was throwing up (this is going to haunt me later – stay tuned) and Elder Lee couldn’t eat them. After breakfast we went to Grandpa’s (Bro, Collingwood) house and delivered his gift from my family.  He always feeds us different types of pancakes, so my family sent him a jug of Wisconsin maple syrup.  He loved it. 



Elder Perry

Banana Carmel Pancakes for Christmas Breakfast with Wisconsin Maple Syrup

A few of my care package goodies

I loved all my gifts so much, but cherished all the letters from my homeward, family and friends!
After this, we headed over to Bro. R__ S__’s house for Christmas day.  We spent the day with him while we all Skyped home.   Calling home was the best part of my mission yet.  I absolutely loved it! We also ate dinner at the Bishop’s household. It was awesome, just like thanksgiving! 

Tuesday:  I had Post-Christmas blues.  Apparently, whatever made Elder Mitchell sick on Christmas Day was contagious.  I ended up being sick with something like the stomach flu. Want any more details? Nah, I’ll just leave it at that.

Happy New Years Day!


Wednesday, we had our district meeting. It was a good meeting.  After that meeting we did some service that I absolutely enjoyed!  There was some skirting on a member’s trailer home that gotten blown in by some strong spring winds – we fixed it.  Broken fence post - we fixed it!  Blown down facia -I fixed that.  See latter pictures. It made me super excited to start working on construction management, lol.  I just enjoyed myself so much! That was basically our Wednesday.


Thank Goodness NO SNAKES!!!!

Job well done by all!



Thursday started with service at the foodbank.  We worked there for 2 hours then headed off to visit a few people with Bro. Collingwood.  We got home around 7:00 pm. We ate dinner at home and decided it would probly be best to clean up our house. It needed it - trust me on this one!

Friday, we did service at the foodbank from 9:00 – 11:00.  Elder Lee had an appointment of some kind that we got to go to around 11:00. So, we were at that appointment until Noon. Then, it being Friday, we did our weekly planning. Believe it or not .... that was it, we went home and ate a late dinner and went to bed.

Saturday:  We went to the library to do a little bit of family history. After an hour at the library we came home ate and then went a visited am few people and then ended up at sister C__’s house. We ended up talking to her and sister P__ for a solid 2 hours. Being that it was Elder Lee’s first visit, they bombarded him with questions. I almost fell asleep, lol. We then had dinner on our own that night.

Sunday was an interesting day. We had some fall out with an investigator. We drove out to the Sells Branch for meetings just to have one person show up.  Later that night we had ‘Gun shots in da hood all night.’  And I have never cared less about a New Year’s Eve, lol.

I’m sorry in advance for such a lame weekly email, but it’s what I got.  I am more than willing to answer any questions yall may have tomorrow and I cannot wait to hear from you!

Love my Tucson tie clip (Christmas gift)



Love,

Elder Connor William Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...