Monday, January 8, 2018

Week 52: Happy First Birthday to me! :)

Hello family and friends, 

This week was full of good and bad things - mostly good, so no worries.  I’m sorry for the short and slightly detached email last week, but it was New Year’s Eve and I was basically multitasking the entire time I was writing it.  This week, I will try to do better. That’s all we really can do - continue to try to be better, right?

I want to start this week’s email with invitation. As you know by now, President Monson passed away this week, and I have had some interesting experiences.  I would like to extend an invitation to start...or to continue reading the Book of Mormon - every day.  Even if it is just one scripture a day or one chapter a day - I invite all to feast upon the words of Christ.  If President Monson, a man called of God, used his last General Conference talk - his last words and breath - to invite us to read The Book of Mormon…it must be important. 

That being said, here is what we were up to this week:

Monday:  I’m sorry we didn’t get to email much this week.  We usually have volleyball from 9 to 11:00, but this week we had Zone sports after volleyball.  For Zone sports, the whole Zone gets together to play some sports once a transfer (about every 6 weeks).  So, we were busy all morning having fun.  After all that was done, we emailed until it was time to head to town, we then didn’t have any Wi-Fi, so I sadly was not able to finish emailing. We had to do our shopping and then it was time for bed.  

Tuesday was a good day. We didn’t do service at the foodbank, because they were doing their inventory.  After lunch we went out and talked to people and did some stop-by visits. Sometimes, I feel like stop-by visits are a waste of time, then I remember that no effort is wasted.  We had a late dinner on our own.  I fried up some potatoes.

Wednesday was a very good day!  We picked up Elders Perry and Mitchell and drove down to Sahaurita, AZ for our weekly district meeting, where we learned about the passing of Thomas S. Monson. While sad, we shared our favorite memories of him and talks he had given. We also learned about how to make our personal study more effective - not only for us, but also for our investigators.  Later, we ate dinner on our own, due to Elder Lee not feeling well.  It’s in my New Year resolution to work out more, so we also ran 3 miles. I’ve worked out every day since New Year’s! This however was kind of mistake because that night, I did not sleep at all.

Thursday (aka Birthday):  January 4th. Its hard to believe one year ago I said goodbye to my family, left Wisconsin and entered the MTC. It has been an awesome journey so far and I am looking forward to this next year. We worked out again after waking up, which stunk because A) no sleep and B) I was sore form the night before.   We went out with Bro. Collingwood and contacted and spoke with a lot of people.  We gave out 5 books of Mormon and visited over 40 people that day. I’d say it was a very successful day.  We visited people from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm. After 4:30 we drove to Sells to teach our Book of Mormon class. The class went very well!  Instead of having 1 person there, like last week, we had 12.  It was crazy! Crazy good. Then we drove home and that was our day.  We went to bed and I stared at the ceiling from 9:30 pm until our alarm went off = Day 2 of no sleep :(

Friday was an interesting day. We woke up and I worked out pretty hardcore.  After which, I ran another 1.5 miles.  I need to somehow find the joy in it, instead of trying not to die, lol (I might be a little out of shape).  After we worked out, we picked up the other Elders and did our weekly planning until 3:00.  After our planning was complete, we got some fish tacos to satisfy a craving we’d been having.  One thing I’ve noticed, we haven’t been teaching a lot. We have been trying, but no luck. We had a dinner appointment with Sister D__ that night, but it fell through, so she gifted us some money and said dinner was on her. 

I did have an awesome experience Friday.  Mom and Dad, if you want to know I will share it with you.

Oh, and guess what else happened.  I couldn’t sleep Friday night, surprise!

Saturday was another good day. I obviously was beyond exhausted at this point, but we went on a short hike with K__.  I wore Ikimau’s old cowboy boots he left behind.  After the hike, man I was one sore fella.  After the hike and handing out some more Books of Mormon, K__ treated us to lunch at Texas roadhouse and I had a very, very good steak. After this we went to the library for some family history, then we did some finding with no luck.

Sunday:  We were told we would have to give talks in the Sells Branch, but luckily it was Fast and Testimony Sunday, so instead we bore our testimonies.  I find it a lot easier to do it in the Sells branch than at home in Wisconsin.  After Sacrament Meeting, we taught a lesson to the Primary kids. Its like we were teaching in a zoo, but I feel that it ended up going somewhat okay.  We then drove home and ate a linner sort of deal on our own. But then we did studies and later that night we ate a PDay eve meal with Elders Perry and Mitchell. We made a Vidalia onion chicken and cream over rice with a side salad.

Anyways, this was my week, not very exciting, but it was defiantly uplifting and motivating. The lack of sleep however killed me. So I am hoping for a good night of sleep followed by an awesome day of emailing you guys.

I love you all, signing off from Tucson, AZ


Love,


 Elder Dickinson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...