Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 14: Big Spider and a Zone Conference

Hearing about Finley’s scary medical issues was probably one of the hardest things I had to hear.  I literally cried. No, I balled all the way to Duncan, AZ from Lordsburg. It's a 45-minute drive and now it's 10:15 at night and as I'm typing this out I'm still feeling shaken. Finley is my life, the only real friend I've had for the last 2 years. So, he has to be okay. I'm crying as I type this out now. I can't help it, he means so much to me, I hope he can be a tough little puppy. Give him some loves for me, please. He needs to be okay :(

This week was awesome, until I got the Finely news.

I don't know what my plans are now, we were going to go explore some wilderness place, but now I just want to sit here and email, nothing else. The place we were going to explore turned out not to be what we expected. It just hurts that I can't be there for him. 

I'm going to try to live up to my weekly email expectations, but can't promise anything because I'm just so worried about Finley.

A baby turtle one of our investigators let me hold

So, Monday (P-Day) was awesome getting to hear from you guys. Then we had a dinner and a short visit instead of a FHE. Then we played more basketball with a lot of nonmember youth in Duncan, AZ.

Tuesday, was good.  We did exchanges, so I was up Duncan AZ with Elder Lundell.  We visited some long-time investigators, and fellowshipped them and their children. After that we then went to a member’s house and played a couple games Skip Bo and talked.  Later, we drove home and had dinner, takeout from Kanoa’s, a Hawaiian restaurant in Safford AZ, which a member brought to us. We then drove to Clifton, AZ and played basketball, with the regular Tuesday night crowd.

A HUGE spider in our apartment

Wednesday was awesome, we woke up in Duncan AZ, super sore then Elder Degrange and I drove back to Lordsburg. We felt prompted to go visit T___ F___, even though we usually visit him on Tuesdays.  When we showed up there was a gal named S_____ that T____ is helping out.  She was interested in the church, so we taught a couple points from the gospel of Jesus Christ.  So, we picked up a new investigator. I don't know where that will be going, because She and T___ had a disagreement.  Anyways, the spirit was strong. She started crying because of it. It was truly amazing. After this we went and visited a few more people but they weren't home. So, we had dinner in Animas NM and Then played ball with some youth down there and then drove back home and read our scriptures.

Thursday was rough, I was super sore, and kind of out of it.  After an early lunch, we went to see H___ and C____, but they weren't there right at the moment, so we went to the church and did our 12-week study program. We went back and only H___ was there. So, we talked to him about life and it was a good visit - interesting as always. We were going to zone conference on Friday so we did our weekly planning a little bit on Thursday.

"Missionary Habanero Stew" (has an entire bottle of Tobasco Habanero in it)
WE LOVE IT :O

Friday was zone conference. Man, what an amazing experience - Spirit filled and all! We talked about the difference between doctrine, principles, application of the gospel and also how to better involve members. It was a really good experience, and the spiritual up-lifter I needed. After ZC we went shopping at a Walmart, which was great because we haven't been to civilization in 6 weeks, lol.  We then went to dairy queen and then drove home.  Our dinner appointment cancelled on us, so we ate at Bro. H___’s house.

My Mission Family

Saturday was exhausting for some reason. We drove 200 miles trying out find people, none of which we found. We the visited with Sis. B____ in Rodeo NM, but she was busy so we made it quick. We didn't get to share a message.  We went to dinner with the P____s.  We didn't have to work for dinner this time.  We had Peruvian fast food, pollo con fritas, it was good. And then we drove an hour and a half home. 

Sunday had highs and lows.  We had fast and testimony meeting in Lordsburg, it was good, and then we drove to Animas just in time to teach 2 hours of primary. No joke I got mauled by an 8-year-old, not one part of me was left untouched.  It was something else, we taught about missionary work, and how Samuel Smith was the Church’s first missionary. Our high point of the day was our investigator family of 5 showed up to church, but his wife started a business in California and the moved there today. So, I'll never see them again. Sad, but that’s life. We drove all the way back to Lordsburg and taught the M___ brothers. They are now, for sure, getting baptized on the 22nd. Two more lessons to go, they will be ready and they are excited. Later, we ate dinner at Bro. H___’s house, and then I got the awful news about Finley. I'm still upset and crying about it. No one here will understand the bond I have with that dog, I hope it all works out OK.  I'll pray often for him these next couple days, it's so sad. 

Elder Pinson. The one standing up top. (My mission grandpa)
From Left to right:
Elder West the greenbean. I'm his uncle lol becuase he's being trained by my brother.
Elder Vansweeden(my brother... trained by Degrange also)
Elder Degrange my (Dad)
Elder Dickinson (Me)

Ps. This is our mission family. 

Elder Pinson is now a great grandfather. :)


Please keep me constantly updated on Finley these next couple days.

Love you guys lots, until next week, 


Elder Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...