Monday, October 15, 2018

Week 91: Service, Service and More Service


Mosiah 2:17 states:  “And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.”

And now, a bible reference: 

Matt. 25:40  “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”

That being said, this week was one of my favorite weeks...why?  Because, I was able to do a very good amount of service.   DISCLAIMER:  Pictures will be sent to Mom’s messenger.

Monday night through Thursday we did exchanges in Clifton and then in Lordsburg. 

During my exchanges on Wednesday I was able to travel down to Lordsburg (my first area) with Elder Thompson (one of my past companions) and visit Brother B__ H__ again.   It was a super sweet reunion and we just so happened to be in the right place at the right time.  We were able to help him patch his mother’s roof.  She has a metal roof that has a leak.  So, we used this rubberized coating to patch it up.  It rained the next day, so hopefully the patch worked!





Patching the roof!


We were also able to do service at the foodbank on Wednesday.  It basically included mopping the floors - nothing special or fun - but hey, service is service, right?  After the fun on the roof top, we were able to help somebody pull weeds.  It just so happened the person was the top salesmen at the local Ford dealership, so we got sweet hats! 

Reunion with Bro. H


Friday:  My goodness.  We were able to go back up to Sis. H__’s one more time for Elder Heiner.  We hopped in the car and drove the long trip up to where she lives.  When we got there we split and stacked about a 2 month supply of firewood for her, since her husband was out of town for work.  I have a lot of pictures and fun videos of the work we did. 

The fun part about chopping firewood was getting to drive a side-by-side four-wheeler to move the wood from the pile to the porch. Oh, and the fact that it was 47 degrees and raining.  That is as close to snow that I’ll see for a while - so I really, really enjoyed it!!  After doing that, a shower has never felt so good, lol.

Saturday was another day full of service.  We were able to help Brother R___ at his taco shop. It is closed for 3 weeks so we can hopefully finish up everything that needs to be done in order to get his restaurant licenses.  Right now, everything is outside under an overhang.  This is what we achieved:

1.      Wired 2 lights into a breaker box
2.      Wired a junction box
3.      Stripped an entire room to the studs
4.      Drilled 150 holes for wire through studs
5.      Installed 3 bales of insulation
6.      Ate at R&R pizza Buffet
7.      Put on some metal roofing

Prepping for Winter


This week I gained some very valuable experience.  I learned how to run wire, make a junction box and wire switches.  It was a blessing to be able to help and to be helped while I learned this valuable info.  Don’t worry, a licensed electrician was teaching and keep an eye on me.

Why is all of this knowledge valuable?  The character which is built when serving another child of God is priceless.  The smiles, hugs and thanks given after doing service for someone in need will make your life more rich then money - and in more way than one, I must say.


Do you think my tractors' good looking? LOL


This week I learned that missionary work can happen in more ways than just walking up and down the streets talking to people.  I have seen in this area how consistent service softens hearts.  If it was not for the service we would not have had the opportunity to teach Bro. R__s family - two of which have set baptismal dates.   You cannot put a price tag on that – it is truly priceless.  Service + love + charity = salvation for those you come to love and for yourself as well.  ;)

Current Home. LOVE IT!


On that point, I would like to leave you all with a challenge:

This week serve someone, whether it takes 5 minutes, an hour or 10 hours - lol.   I can promise you that the feeling you get for that service will be nothing short of amazing and will have you coming back for more.  Remember, all good things come of God.  Remember that and remember Him in all you do - then, at the last day all will be well with Him, who is in Heaven. That is my humble testimony and I leave that with you in the name our Savior, Redeemer, the Prince of Peace Jesus Christ, amen!

I love you all and cannot wait to hear from you!!

Love,

Elder C.W. Dickinson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...