Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 90: An All-Around Weird Week


This week was super busy with administrative things, regular missionary work and of course General Conference. In general, it was just all around a weird week. 

For instance, Tuesday we had to drive back to Stafford to pick up our new tires, which had to be ordered last week. So, driving there, waiting for them to be installed and driving back took up 90% of our day. We got home in time for a quick meal and a lesson with a recent convert. So, it was just a really odd day. 

Wednesday:  We had some exchanges after our District Meeting. So, once again, it was a really weird day.  Due to doing some service in the morning, we were unable to do our studies until the afternoon – so, it also was just different.  Because of splits, we have had to do double the work for our area, because there were 4 of us (two sets of Elders) the splits made it feel like there were only 2 of us.  So, what really happened is, we just ended up having double the cancelations, lol.  But, it was a good experience.  I learned some patience while I was at it.

Thursday was a pretty regular day with some family history mixed in.

They have trees here! :O


Friday:  Oh blessed planning day!  After our morning routine, we did our weekly planning.  The best part of Friday is - believe it or not – is weekly planning.  We have a family in our area that lives 50 miles north of the mine – in the mountains, here it snows and get a below zero in the winter - where there is actual trees, elk and deer.  Because it is in the mountains, it has awesome trout fishing, windy roads and it takes an hour and a half to travel 35 miles.  It was absolute heaven. I’ll have pictures so no worries.   I will be sending them in a different email.  While there, we had some awesome jambalaya, which was so good. As a whole, Friday evening was just heaven.  Heaven sent.

Saturday was an awesome day. Not only because of General Conference, but I got to develop some new construction skills.   During the breaks in Conference, we were able to help hang drywall and do some framing in some rooms that were being converted to apartments.   So, pictures of my labors will follow.  It was awesome seeing an aspect of construction from start to finish - and not only that I gained some awesome experience. 

That's not the only thing that made Saturday so awesome.  We had dinner with our Ward Mission leader and the R___ family.  We were able to set baptismal dates for 2 out of the 3 family members.  One of the family was in Tucson that day, but still wants to be baptized!  Yippy right?  It was awesome.  The date they picked is October 27th - in 3 weeks! It will be wonderful.

Sunday was also awesome with conference.  That is also what I would like to talk about. While all the General Conference sessions were great, the one thing that really stuck out to me was… *Disclaimer  = at the moment I can remember who actually said it.*  but he said and I quote "we may be out on our own, but we are never alone." 

This really hit me hard!  Struggling to find success in inviting other to come into Christ through baptism has really been a struggle for me this last year of my mission.  Sometimes I've felt alone or on my own, but through perseverance, faith. and now this quote, I know I was never alone.   Knowing this has brought me great comfort.  God and his son Jesus the Christ will always be with us and will always have our best interests at heart. 

I would like to invite all of you to Google the poem ‘Footsteps in the sand.’  PLEASE do it.  It is beautiful and will put in to prospective the love God has for each and every one of us.

That's all for this week!  It was a weird at the start but I couldn't have asked for a better finish! I love y'all and can't wait to hear from you!


Love you.

C.W. Dickinson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...