Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 67: Only in Arizona can you sweat through a suit in APRIL!


As my subject line says, it’s been constantly mid 80s here, while y’all are sitting in 30 inches of fresh snow.  Now, to be honest, I’d switch with you in a heartbeat.  I love the winter and snow!

Today, I get to do something I haven’t done in 15 months…the thing I live for. That would be going fishing!!!  A less active member owns some private ponds he lets people use and he is taking us and the Sister missionaries tomorrow. It’s like an oasis in the middle of the desert. It’s pretty darn cool and I wasn’t able to sleep last night, because I was so excited!

Here is what my week looked like:

Monday: Tombstone, what a blast. I felt like we were at Wall Drug in Wall SD.  It was a wonderful time, full of laughs and history.  I can’t wait to take you guys down there!

Shoot out at the OK Corral



Tombstone, AZ


Tuesday consisted of of contacting people and some service around the house.  The service involved digging up grass to make a garden for the people who are hosting us. Having to earn our keep takes some time out of our day, but it helps us maintain sanity and helps the G__s with things that they otherwise wouldn’t be able to do.  I hope that makes sense.

Current Status : Duck Farmer!

Duck Babysitting for Dona


Wednesday:  What a day!  Service, service and then more service.  We started out loading boxes for our local Foodbank. After the Foodbank we had our District Meeting.  District Meeting was good, we talked about receiving personal revalation and having the Spirit.  After District Meeting we went out to eat at one of the local cafés here.  They have darn good burgers.  The one I had, had jalapenos cream cheese, onions bacon and I added coleslaw.  It was a darn good burger!  For the rest of our day we did stop-by visits out in the harsh wind.  After our dinner appointment, we picked up a potential investigator.  Her husband is an avid hunter and fisher and is a professional bull rider. He’s so fun to talk to.

Thursday, we worked at St. David’s Foodbank for 3 to 4 hours.  After the Foodbank we had a joint lesson with the Sister missionaries with a recent convert.  After that we had lunch with her as well.  She made meatloaf.  Later, we had dinner with the T__ family, then we went home for the evening and kibitzed with S__ & D__ , the people who host us.

Friday was brutal! First, we spent the morning helping with some yard work for this lady named Machete Betty.  She is fun.  Following that, we spent most of the day moving the Sister Missionaries out of their old apartment and into a new one. That took a while.  We had dinner on our own due to our dinner appointment standing us up. But its whatever.

Saturday, we did our weekly planning and finished up digging D__’s garden. It was a good long day.

Sunday:  Don’t even get me started about Sunday. Not only did we have 8 hours of church, but between all of the Sacrament Meetings we go to, we sat through 7 strait talks on genealogy.  They were so boring. Not only boring, but monotone and monotonous.  It made for a long day. Luckily, we had dinner with S__ & D__ and then a short visit with the S__ family.

I hope you have a wonderful week and please be safe on those wintery roads.

I can’t wait to hear from y’all.   I love you


Love,


Elder Connor William Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...