Monday, November 6, 2017

Week 43: Week something or other...

This week ended up being a pretty decent one.  I don’t have any complaints, so that’s a plus, right?

Monday we just chilled until we went shopping and then headed in for the night.  Of course, I enjoyed emailing you guys. It was good to hear from you and thanks for all of the support you sent my way.  Some people think only family can email me – not true.  Feel free to email me at connor.dickinson@myldsmail.net.  I’d love to hear from you.

Tuesday:  We went to Sis. W___’s house to do some service for her.  We weeded her whole yard!  I think at some point before I left for my mission, Dad said something about me not having to mow any lawns – because of the lack of grass - but weeding gravel yards is WAY worse, by far, lol.  Later in the day, we did some stop-by visits and then had a dinner appointment with the R___ family.  She made some killer fried tacos and Uce (Elder Ikimau’s nick name) and I ate 13 each. Needless to say, being fried you can guess what happened at 3:30 a.m.  My stomach absolutely rejects grease, so right back up it they came, lol.  Probably TMI, right?  But it happened, lol.

Halloween = Temple trip

I love the Tucson temple!





Wednesday:  We headed off to our District Meeting, which was decent.  Afterwards, we drove home, ate lunch and visited Sis. C__.  She is such a sweetheart!  After that, we went to the library so Elder Ikimau could work on his ‘My Plan’ (it is a church program for missionaries to complete before they go home.  It helps them plan for their future after their missions) and then we ate dinner at home and then did some finding for the rest of the night.  The finding was very uneventful, as it almost always is – but it is what it is.

Thursday we worked at the foodbank until about 1:00.   We got a lot of boxes done but there were less people there than usual, so it took little longer but we got all of our work done! After the foodbank we worked with Bro. Collingwood contacting less active members – all day long.   He has a spreadsheet with all types of info on each inactive person in the Ward (500+). Yes, with that many less actives, it seems like a never ending task.  It was fun and we get to meet some really nice people – they’re just not active.  Later that night, we had dinner with the O__ family.  We had some awesome Polynesian fare followed by toasting marshmallows and learning more about each other.  Its simple times like this that I enjoy the most on my mission.  There are people down here that aren't just people I serve, they have become family.   The O__s and Bro, Collingwood are the ones from the Midvale ward so far.  Man, I sure do love them

Friday:  We did our weekly planning and had a dinner appointment with Sis.G___.  She made us some killer chili!  It was very good, but so hot that I burnt my tongue badly, which has made for a couple rough days (eating wise, of course). 

Saturday:  We got to do some service for Sis. S__. We cleaned up her yard.  This time I was on tree duty and found out I have a knack for trimming trees. Oddly enough, right?   It was fun and what was once was kind of ugly now looks beautiful!  She thought I was like a uber talented tree trimer .  I just think I got lucky, ha-ha.  That took up most of the day and then we went out with Bro. Collingwood and visited a ton more people - then it was time for dinner so we went home  and I got my hair cut........ and dyed ………black, lol. 

Rainbow = = RAIN! :O


It looks surprisingly good and people love it!  I don’t know why.  Personally, it’s growing on me, but once my hair grows out I won’t do it again lol. Now, I really look like Clark Kent when I wear my glasses, lol.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I was thinking about purposely leaving that out of the email, but it’s not a big deal, lol.

Sunday:  I freaked out when I looked in the mirror because I had forgotten my hair had been dyed the night before, hahahaha.  This Sunday we didn’t have our regular meetings, but instead, we had a regional broadcast.  The Stakes all met together in their respective buildings to watch it.  It was interesting.  Fun fact:  If I counted right, Tucson has twice as many Stakes as all of Wisconsin.  Crazy, right?!  After the meeting, we stop and visited with K__ and then we went to Bro. Collingwood’s for dinner. After that it was back to the church for a Ward Correlation Meeting, where we talked about the needs of the ward.

Such a beautiful temple!


I’m sorry if this email might seem bland, but that was just the perfect way to describe my week - other than Saturday night, lol.

I hope y’all had a good week. I Love you and can’t wait to hear from everybody.

Love,


Elder Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...