Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Week 32: This week was NO BUENO other than transfers

This email is going to be very short and unlike the others, but I will be able to email with people who might ask questions throughout the day.  This week was hard.  It was another one of those weeks where nothing happened.  It was a lull and everything we planned got cancelled. We got really exhausted from doing so much finding.

We also did a ton - and I mean a ton - of service for the mission’s housing group.  We loaded and unloaded a lot of trailers will all of the furniture and stuff a new missionary apartment needs.  So, instead of writing a day-by-day description, which would waste both your time and mine, (lol) I will just share the high and the low points of my week. 

High point of the Week:  Transfers!!!! 

Saturday: We got our transfer calls and I am being transferred to the Midvale Ward - back out to the boonies!  I’ll be back in the middle of nowhere, again – and I’m so excited!  My new companion will be Elder Bangerter, one of my favorite missionaries Honestly, he is one of my favorite people. We get along so well and he’s good at basketball and is only an inch shorter than me. I’m so excited!!!




The Midvale area covers the Tahono O’odham Reservation. Look it up, it’s huge. The Midvale Ward’s geographic footprint is the second largest in America.  It is only slightly bigger than the Lordsburg area, but has way less people.  We have a brand new Toyota Tacoma to drive.  The area has two wards.  The Midvale Ward meets in south Tucson and has about 70 people and the branch on the reservation has about 10 active members.

There is a chance that I might be in Midvale until next July.  If the Mission President is keeping Elder Thompson here so long, (this transfer makes 7.5 months for him in Campbell) I could be there until July. 

Low point of the Week:  Transfers!

Having to say goodbye to K__ so abruptly was the low point of my week. He didn’t take it too well. He was so sad that I had to leave.  We took some pictures and talked about walleye fishing. After that, we had to split ways, but I have his phone number, so that’s good.   We still need to get those baptism pictures to him! 

Saying Goodbye


Anyways, since this is such a short email I’ll leave you with my testimony.  I know that God lives.  I know this church is true and I know how important families really are and how they can be together forever.   I’ve been thinking of Finley lately and I still miss him. The sting is gone, but the pain of missing him is still prevalent. He is in good hands, I know it with all my heart.

Mom, Dad, others

I love you


Enjoy your trip and be safe!!!!


Elder Dickinson 

T-O-U-C-H-D-O-W-N!



P.S.  Sorry, for this email, but it was emotionally hard week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...