Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 33: Dream Come True!!!

Well, hello everybody.  First off, I would like to say; I would love to hear back from y’all today!  I also want to apologize for the lack of a good email last week. I have no excuses other than last week was a long tiring week. Oh, and my dream came true!  I get to serve in Midvale, AZ!!!!

Anyways, as many of you may or may not know, I was transferred to the Midvale Ward of the Tucson South Stake. A little history about this area:  Geographically, it is the 2nd largest ward in America. It covers the south west corner of Tucson and spans half way to Yuma Arizona. It covers the sovereign nation of the Tahono O'odham tribe. Pronounced (ta-hono ah-tum) – sounds like autumn. Anyways, the town that we cover on the reservation is an hour car ride from our apartment. The town of Sells, AZ is a beautiful, but humble place. The crime is so bad that you can’t get arrested unless you have 6 warrants out. A lot of the houses have burned down due to issues resulting from alcoholism.  The average house size is a 10' x 20'. Like I said, humble. But there is just an amazing feeling you feel being on the reservation.

Anyways, here is my weekly report:

Monday was a good day.  I’m glad you guys had an awesome vacay. It sounds like it was much needed.  I enjoyed emailing with everyone. After sports and dinner at the H___'s, I had a late night of packing and getting ready to transfer on Tuesday. While I was packing, it felt like my 3 months here seemed so short. Poor Elder Thompson is going to be in Central Tucson for at least 7.5 months. That’s so crazy!!

Tuesday we woke up at the crack of dawn and loaded my stuff into the car. We drove to the transfer sight and greeted some greenies (brand new missionaries) and met my new companion. Man, I love serving with my new companion, Elder Bangerter. We knew each other and were good friends before and it’s been fun so far!  After I got all settled in and unpacked we did some shopping and got some Wi-Fi to check in with you guys! Tuesday night we had dinner with the D___s.  They are a sweet family that reminds me of a family in Lordsburg. They are just so sweet, lol.  After dinner, we went to Bro. Collingwood’s house. You will be hearing his name a lot as he is not only our Ward Mission Leader, but he’s retired - so he just goes out and visits less active all day long. He drives to Sells, AZ four times a week - twice with us and twice on his own.

On our way to TRANSFERS!


Wednesday:  We drove to Sahuarita, AZ for our District Meeting. I met my new district and talked about the Book of Mormon and stuff.  After this we drove back and ate lunch. We started  doing an actual diet. I started at 238.2 and I’m down to 235.3 in a couple days. I can do better, but its slowly working!  After lunch we headed over to Bro. Collingwoods house and planned for our lesson with D___ Y___.   He has taken the lessons 3 times and hasnt really wanted to be baptized.  He has been waiting for a slap in the face kind of revaluation. At the end of our lesson we asked if he had any questions.  He asked "How does the 2nd sound?”  “For baptism…” we asked, "the second of September?"  He said yes! We were all taken by surprise! So, he said he had a feeling of peace and said it (his baptism) needs to get done.  D___   is a police officer in Sells, for the Nation.  He is a cool guy and his wife has now become active because of his decision. After all this awesomeness, we drove back to Tucson, to our apartment for dinner because we didn’t have a dinner appointment.  After that, we went on a few more visits.

Thursday: We started the day with a work out and then we did some service at the local foodbank until lunch. Later, we went over to Bro. Collingswood’s house and he drove us out to Sells and we did some work and then we went to the Book of Mormon class that we teach.  Usually, only one person shows up, but this time there was 6 people there. It was awesome and Bro. Collingwood says the Lord is really stirring things up in Sells right now and softening the hearts of all the people. After this we drove home and then went to bed because it was late.

Friday was boring.  We worked out and went to the library to do family history. After this we ate lunch and then did our weekly planning at the Stake Center.  Later, we had dinner with a Tongan family named the O___s.  They are so kind and charitable. Honestly, they are my most favorite people in this area - so far. And man, they cook some darn good food!  Every time they feed us, they choose a different family from the ward and feed them too!

We did a bunch of service on Saturday morning and had breakfast with some numbers afterwards.  After that, we came home, got ready for the day and took a quick nap because we were exhausted.  After this we're went and got some Wi-Fi and checked in and did everything for our area logbook.  Then we went out and did some stuff with Bro. Collingwood again.  After this we had dinner with C___.  She is a recent convert who had us over and we had ribs, beans and potatoes.  It was an awesome time, because some football happened to be on. It wasn’t the Packer game, but I got my fix.  After that we played Yahtzee.

Sundays in this ward consists of us going to Ward Council and Sacrament Meeting at the Midvale ward then we leave and eat breakfast at Bro. Collingwood’s house and then we drive to Sells and go to Sacrament Meeting and Gospel Principles since that's all they have in the Sells Ward. We teach the primary kids, which is pretty fun.  We then drive back to Tucson for dinner and then we went to the Bishops house for dessert and talked with his family.

I attached some pictures of Elder Thompson saying farewell, lol.  I’m going to miss him.

Saying Goodbye to Elder Thompson :(


Until next week,

Love,



Elder Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...