Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 59: It's Rodeo Time!!!


Due to the rodeo being this week, all of the kids out of school today.  They call it rodeo break. This might be my most liked thing about Tucson.... too bad never had rodeo breaks back home, right?

That being said, the timed events (steer wrestling, team roping, barrel racing and team tie down) starts at 8am.  Too bad that there won’t be any bull or bronc riding, but it is what it is.  So, we will be there most of the day. Sadly, without Wi-Fi.  This Rodeo is my most looked forward to event since I’ve been here and it’s on a PDay!  So, you probably won’t hear from me most of the day. There is a possibility of me checking in - potentially in the evening for an hour or two - but I cannot, repeat cannot, promise anything as we will be there most of the day. Hopefully I’ll be at the library around 6:15 your time. That being said, we could very well be online earlier if the rodeo ends early! So be prepared.  YES, I will take plenty of pictures 😊 so hopefully there will be time to talk, but if not, I am already looking forward to next week. 

This week was full of rain and sickness. Yes, you heard right…it rained for 3 straight days. It made me super happy.  I wish I had more to report on, but this week was just a pretty bad week in general.  So sorry in advance for the lack of detail.

So, I guess to just jump right into the week, without further ado:

Monday was pretty good.  I was sad I didn’t get to talk to you guys more, but hey every little bit counts, right?  I had to leave early because we had an appointment, which ended up being cancelled and I was busy at home were we do not have Wi-Fi.

Tuesday:  We ran the production line at foodbank and ended up making a ton of boxes.  I really like working there, it reminds me a lot about packing at Eastbay - mixed with the local grocery store, lol.  After the foodbank we ate at a member owned café where we get half off, she sent you guys a picture... not quite sure if you got it.  She is a sweet heart and is pretty awesome.   Later that night our dinner appointment dropped off dinner. She made some awesome homemade chicken noodle soup.

Lunch after time at the food bank! Hey, look we are all Elder Witzel! :)


Wednesday.  We attended a wonderful district meeting on safeguards for technology.  It was also Valentines…forever alone, lol.  Anyways, I hope you like my message Mom 😊.  The rest of this day consisted of doing some stop-by visits.

Thursday:  We were back at it at the foodbank again.  Elder Mitchell and I went hard opening up boxes and pallets of food so we wouldn’t have to do it next time.  It was basically a workout after my morning workout, lol.  It turns out the Valencia Elders’ apartment got broken into the night before. The Valencia Elders left their apartment about an hour - came back and their door was kicked in.... they stole a bike and Elder Mitchell's brand new watch.... box.. left the watch!!! LOL. AND left their wallets and took a roll of quarters. So, they put their expensive things in our apartment and basically stayed in our area for the day.  We tracted.... the first time on my mission.  I had mixed feelings about it.  We did our tracting in the rain, so it kind of sucked.  It turns out Thursday was Elder Witzel’s turn to get sick - probably from tracting in the rain. Then, we went to Sells for our Book of Mormon class. Only one person showed up so we read from the book of Abraham.... it was awesome. 

Friday was planning day.   Simply put, we planned and cleaned out our area book, which was much needed.  Elder Witzel was sick, but it was good timing because Friday was just a planning day.
On Saturday we had service project planned, but it ended up being cancelled.  So, we did some family history and some finding at the library. It didn’t amount to much, but was still a wonderful experience. Elder Witzel was still pretty sick so we ended up just laying low.

Elder Witzel flexing! :O


Sunday was a much better day. We had church out in Sells.   I was expecting to give a talk, but I ended up not having to. Believe it or not, I was pretty bummed about it. Afterwards, they had their monthly potluck. I tell you what:  It’s follows the same idea as “build and they will come."   Cook and missionaries will come, lol.  Oh, and Bro Collingwood too, lol.

That was pretty much my sad, miserable week - but that means next week can only be better and what way to start a new week off than with a rodeo :)

Mucho love to all my family and friends back home!

Till next week,

Elder Dickinson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...