Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 36: If I could sum up my week in one word...it would be cancellations :(

Hello everybody,

Yes, it’s that time of the week again! I love emailing home on P-Days, and enjoy hearing about all of your guys’ weeks.  It makes my day, emailing with everyone.  It is still a constant 100 degrees here - everyday.  I am not a fan!  I need some of the weather you guys have in Wisco.  I’m dying out here.

Here is how my week went:

Monday was a great day!  E-mailing y’all and playing sports sounds boring, but makes for a good day!  We usually play volleyball in the morning with some members and once they leave, some other Elders show up and we play football or basketball.  It makes for a good work out, that’s for sure. After sports, we went home and ate dinner because we didn’t have a dinner appointment.  I have officially been on the longest diet of my life!  It’s been almost to a month (August 2nd) and I have lost exactly 10 pounds.  I’ve actually lost more than that, but the weekends kill the diet, lol.

Tuesday:  We headed off to the food bank and did two hours of service. The food bank here isn’t as fun as other places, because it is so much larger in scale.  It is so big and there is so much to do, you can’t really track your progress. Other than that, I don’t mind it.  After the food bank, we stopped by the library to do an hour of family history. After that, we headed homeward and got changed into proselyting clothes and made some visits until dinner time. We had dinner with the B___s.  Sis. B___  made us some awesome pork carnitas.  After dinner, we were supposed to have a lesson with a less active family but guess what happened … it got cancelled. So, we ended up going home and did our studies.

Wednesday:  We headed out to Sahuarita, AZ for our District Meeting. This time our District Meeting was on spiritual gifts and finding out what your gifts are!  After the meeting, we drove the 20 minute drive home and made lunch, then headed out to Sells AZ, to meet with D__, our recent convert.  We talk to him about the priesthood!  After that, we drove home from Sells to meet Sis. L__ (we call her grandma) at The Olive Garden for dinner with some less-active members.  The Olive Garden had this awesome deal called Buy one/Take one. So I chose alfredo to eat there and got to take home five cheese ziti al forno. Pretty good deal if you ask me! After The Olive Garden we were supposed to have a meeting with the S__ s, but guess what.  Yep, you guessed it, it was cancelled.

Elder Bangerter and myself at a member dinner appointment
(Yes, those are his glasses I am wearing!) LOL


Thursday was just like Tuesday.  We went to the food bank and work, work, worked.  Then we came home, ate lunch did our studies and then did some stop-by visits.  We’ve come to the realization that the middle-of –the-week and the middle-of-the-day are not the best times to do stop-by visits because nobody is home, but we gotta do what we gotta do, lol.  After that we headed back out to Sells for the Book of Mormon class we teach.  After an hour-and-a-half of that followed by a short meeting with a church member, we rolled into Tucson around 9:30 and had dinner with Bro Collingwood, because our dinner appointment was....yep, cancelled, lol

Friday:  We did our weekly planning and played hide and go seek with some other Elders.  I know it sounds childish, but you have to find a way to blow off steam when you don’t have a ball of some kind!  After planning, we had dinner and a lesson with S__ K__. He is still on course for a baptismal date of October 7th!  Hey Mom, guess what?   I used the Plan of Salvation lesion aid thingy again and it worked so well!  Thanks again! After driving back from Three Points, it was late.

Saturday was a day of service, studies and meaningless stop-by visits, no need to go into detail.

Sunday funday:  Sacrament meeting was awful, I’m not going to lie.  We had 3 monotone speakers in a row, all talking about the church’s Pathway Education Program. I don’t know why, but think I had one of the worst stomach aches I’ve ever had when I woke up Sunday morning. After Sacrament, we went to Bro. Collingwood’s house and had German pancakes for breakfast.   Then, off to Sells we went.  On the hour long car ride, my stomach ache managed to plague me again!  To be honest, it bothered me on and off throughout the day.  Sacrament meeting at Sells was alright, followed by an hour and a half of Primary hell! We had 6 kids.

Anyways,  I hope you all have a good week!!


Love y’all

Elder Dickinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 99: Mission Accomplished!

First and foremost, I just want to let y'all know my flight into Central Wisconsin airport (CWA), is scheduled to land at about 3:50 o...